My 1st Dozier

Architect

Gold Member
Got this reverse tanto a few months ago, but just got onto the scanner. It has Ivory Micarta scales (Linda says it is almost gone) with asymmetric inlays, black and red.

Attachments

• dozier1.jpg
    dozier1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 524
WHAT?!!!
The Ivory micarta is almost gone?!!!
GADZOOKS!!
And me with no money :eek:
Tell me it aint so!

Aint those Doziers sweet?
I've got 3 & gotta have more :D

Prepare to want many more.

Some of the best value-per-dollar knives in the market.

Gotta love them Doziers! It wont be your last one, that's for sure. I have owned several; sold a few of them, and always wish I hadnt. Man, if I could talk him into finishing them to a finer grit belt finish, I would really love em.

Transferred to Gallery.

That really is a fine looking knife, but it doesn't look like a reverse tanto to me. I do love what Bob has done with the tip though.

I agree with you KWM. I think of it as more of a sheepsfoot or very drop point knife. However, the "tanto" concept is really coming from the grind, which brings the full thickness of the steel very near the tip. The knife has a kind of armor-piercing feel to it, given the blade thickness and compactness.

Since I live in California, I did not have to top sharpened, which Bob normally does, I just had him leave it as a false edge.

Nice Architect! I never get tired of the ivory micarta, and of course Bob's knives are just great! Hope you enjoy it and thanks for the pictures...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

What's the blade length?

Duh, I never ordered one because he advertises them with the top sharpened. Never ocurred to me to order it without!

Mike

Michael, the sharpened length is 3.25 inches. The overall length to scales is approximately 3.75 inches.

But I thought you were "contracting" your knife collection:eek:

Back