My addiction

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I just can't stop! Handle material is just too fun!

009hwg.jpg

nice. that means you're just gonna have to grind out more blades! do you do anything with natural materials? you know, for (gasp) pretty display pieces and such.

nice. that means you're just gonna have to grind out more blades! do you do anything with natural materials? you know, for (gasp) pretty display pieces and such.

Oh yeah! Yes I have natural materials as well and so far have used walnut and cocobolo as far as wood goes. I also have some nice black palm, rosewood, maple, spalted maple, redwood burl and more. I plan on using more wood in the future.

Funny enough I got into knifemaking because I wanted to make knives with stone handles but when I got into knifemaking I realized I wanted to make knives that were really tough... plus I love layered materials and fun stuff like that. I have used desert scene jasper, red jasper and black jade on some Buck Knives I modded when I first started out. I have a bunch of dino bone for scales that will be very nice... besides that I have 100's of other stone slabs I want to use. Fun stuff!

Damn dude, you need help!:D Any of that goin on some smaller bushcrafters??;)

Damn dude, you need help!:D Any of that goin on some smaller bushcrafters??;)

You know it! Pink, yellow, lime green and maybe red, blue or jade green. I have a 9" bushcrafter and 4 smaller ones I profiled recently! :D

Love to see em when they're done! Just don't mix all those colors together:eek:

I hear ya man! I only use wood but I have enough to make probably 100 knives or so and can't stop buying. If I see something I like I buy it. I figure I can always sell what I don't want.

How would carbon fiber work as a sheath? Ti Necker with carbon fiber sheath!! Talk about
being light, you wouldn't even know it's there.

Ti necker with carbide-treated blade and bottle opener, higonokami-style with resin/composite handle. Won't take much in materials either.

Love to see em when they're done! Just don't mix all those colors together:eek:

lol that would be crazy! No mixed neon colors I promise!

CARBON FIBER Ti poon...with bottle opener ass!

Yeah! Sounds killer!

I hear ya man! I only use wood but I have enough to make probably 100 knives or so and can't stop buying. If I see something I like I buy it. I figure I can always sell what I don't want.

It is tough! lol I have a huge box of wood too, I love it! What is really funny is that I have even more stone scales! I have been trading stone slabs for years.

You know... some wood you have will be going on a knife I have yet to make... pretty cool!

I'd take one of those too.

I may have to bust some out!

How would carbon fiber work as a sheath? Ti Necker with carbon fiber sheath!! Talk about
being light, you wouldn't even know it's there.

Carbon fiber would make a killer sheath. I have seen some cool ones and have looked into making them as epoxy work is almost another hobby of mine.

They are tough and pricey to do but well worth it, they are light, strong and look killer! I should try something like burlap first, I keep thinking of making one.

Ti necker with carbide-treated blade and bottle opener, higonokami-style with resin/composite handle. Won't take much in materials either.

I have been looking into them recently as well as friction folders, they rock! Interesting you brought them up, I have been planning one. (friction folder)

Last edited:
Back