My Bookie Shrine to renewed health.

Bawanna

Found myself rearranging in my room today and decided since Bookie (ya know the fella with the second guddest Curved Spine) was on my mind, I decided to build me a Shrine to his renewed health.
It contains several items that he's sent me over the years, not including sharing his wealth of knowledge about just about everything.
He played around with pattern welding for a spell and sent me some fine examples, the big bowie which I put a handle on, the dirk for lack of a better name which is gorgeous. And a delightful little hatchet that I fondle all the time, never cut nothing with it, but hold it a lot, it's kind of cute.
Also his Kabar and pocket knife (like new, guess he didn't need em with all them guns and missiles )from when he flew them egg beaters over in the Nam.
He also sent me a test tube with sand from Omaha Beach part of some he got from a friend and shared some with me. All cherished items I will never part with.
So now when I offer up smoke and prayers along with my wishes that he far outlive me I have an official place.

There's actually a candle burning in the lower left corner but it don't show up, guess I should have turned out the lights but I'm skeered of the dark.

And officially back under glass, I make quite a bit of sawdust in that room and the glass is a good thing.

So sir Bookie, I didn't go to all this here effort for nothing, you get cured of what ails ya and maybe we'll see if Reno can handle us and our wives again this summer.

Guess I'll go work on a Shrine to renewed health for Tamala now. Hope this works.

Beautiful, really, really thoughtful,and a testament to your friendship.

Thumbs Up brother on a fine shrine for our brother from another mother!!! Smoke and continued prayers for him to feel better. Hang in Bookie thinking of you often.

Amigos! Awesome shrine! You do me fine and I thank you you for all your kind words. Seems the ol' defoliant is toying with me. Get over one issue and another pops up---like "Whack A Mole" at Circus-Circus. Not crying in my beer and don't want to sound like it. Bawanna, the shrine must be working. I got rid of my cane of 15 months today! Along those same lines, I received a small gift from Japan in the mail. It is a cool, but tiny, Yin Yang tinkly bell sent from the Oishi shrine in Kyoto dedicated to and where the actual 47 Ronin are buried. Guess I can lay off the Voo Doo ('cept fer Kamidog) for a while.

Attachments

• 47 Ronin Graves.jpg
    47 Ronin Graves.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 3
... Guess I can lay off the Voo Doo ('cept fer Kamidog) for a while.
No problem Doc! Thats what amigos are for! Ooo..oh..Ouch! WTF? That wasnt hurting yesterday? You dont have to wiggle them pins around ya know! You can just leave them there and let them do their work.

Yall just keep them lightnin bolts and sparks away from them pins now! Dont need none of that! Uh...dont tell doc none of this...Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Back