My Custom Camillus/Becker BK2

This is my custom Camillus/Becker Companion BK2. I bought a heat treated and ground BK2 on Ebay, figuring this would be a great way to get a Camillus /Becker. I decided to use Padauk for the handle slabs soaked in Danish oil and three 3/16" brass pins. I reshaped the back of the handle to give it a slight thumb ramp as well. This knife will be tied to the outside of my backpack to ensure easy access to it when it is needed. So far I have sliced some paper and cardboard, and split this 3" round piece of maple. I think this one is a keeper. Doug

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh man! I really like the looks of that! I have a NIB BK2 sitting in my safe that I'd like to makeover into something along those lines.

In the words of Paul Hogan: "Now THAT's a knife!"

The handle is beautiful and compliments the blade much better than the OEM slabs (although they are very tough and practical).

How does it balance without the heavy original grip panels?

Thanks for the compliments all so far. I have had 3 others ask me to do one for them but I can't get any more blanks right now. I have it tied to my backpack ready to go. I do like it a lot. Doug

It would be interesting to see how one of those blades would respond to differential tempering.

A BK&T with a hamon and a stag or oosic grip would be awesome!

Ethan thanks for your compliment. They are a real nice designed blade and i can't wait to really get out and use it.

Hey Doug.....

Thanks for the kind words......You really dressed the old girl up in some very nice "sunday go to meeting" duds.....

All Best....

ethan

Ethan thanks again. I will be doing one more soon for a good friend that one will be done in Desert Iron wood. I will post that one as well. Doug

Nice work! I have a block of cocobolo at home that I want to make some handles out of. I saw these Becker blanks on ebay, but I didn't act fast enough. It's hard to find a good quality heavy duty carbon steel knife blank these days. Most blanks I find are stainless. Just wondering, where did you pick up the blank? Like I said, I saw some on ebay, but didn't act quick enough so that'd be great if you knew where else one might get one of these.

Again, nice work! I can't wait to see how the Desert Ironwood one turns out!

dl351. I got it off ebay and I have checked back with the person I got it from, and he is all out of them and does not think he can get anymore. I told him if he can let me know. Thanks for the compliments as well. Doug

This is my custom Camillus/Becker Companion BK2.
Wow, was thinking about a new handle for my Ka-Bar/Becker BK2 that I just picked up. Think you made the decision for me. I have a nice chunk of Iron Wood tha would make a suitable handle for the BK2. Something about the BK2 and Ironwood together just fits. Looks like we will see how much of my wood working skills I have retained

Last edited:
That should look sweet. I have a bunch of new orders to grind and as soon as I start the tempering of them I am going to do the one for Larry917 in the Iron wood. He picked out some nice peices for handles . Doug

Back