1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My damascus steel

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Greg Verizhnikov, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Greg Verizhnikov

Greg Verizhnikov

Jun 5, 2016
    naturalist and olymon like this.
  2. Ken H>

Ken H>

Dec 31, 2011
    That is amazing!!! I can't imagine what it takes to get that type of pattern in steel! WOW!!!

3. Ian Fifelski

Ian Fifelski

Oct 4, 2017
    *fuse blown....regaining consciousness*

These blades are absolutely incredible! I don't understand!

Do you have any videos? I would love to see the process and see one of those beautiful patterns form.

4. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Beautiful work Greg, what steels and alloys are you using, what Rockwell are you heat treating to?

5. Greg Verizhnikov

Greg Verizhnikov

Jun 5, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

olymon and Bona like this.
  6. Greg Verizhnikov

Greg Verizhnikov

Jun 5, 2016
    Discovered a new direction, welding packages from different types of titanium, in the people called tymaskus.
    A few first attempts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    looks cool !!!

8. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    Wow Thats Unreal.. Thats Some of the most Beautiful Damascus I've Seen!!!

9. Gayashan

Gayashan

Jul 14, 2019
    lovely like to have one

10. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    Are you still selling these

11. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017