My EDC--Buck Cadet Stockman

Nope, its not a tactical. Not an auto. Nothing fancy here, just great workmanship at a practical price. I carried many of the single bladed upscale models and went back to basics. I checked all the manufacturers I could find before I found this one made by Buck. Fit and finish are more than acceptable, the blades line up well, the springs are snappy. Now out of the box I didn't find the blades to be wickedly sharp, but a little dressing out and this little cutter works well for the pocket without scaring the heck out of the women on the floor. I like the Delrin handle, but if it ever comes out again (or I can find one) in the yellow handle--I'm in Valhalla! Funny thing though my Cadet Stockman doesn't have a model number stamped on it. Oversight? Gee I hope this isn't a contract knife.

I thought so much about the Buck product that I searched the internet and found a new Titanium 560. As soon as I get it, I'll be contacting Joe Houser for instructions for a BG42 retrofit on the blade.

Thanks to Buck and Joe Houser for quality products--Dan

Dan, does your knife have an Anvil on the stamp? If so it is from 2002. They used that as the year mark in honor of 100 years.

I am with you on the Buck 303. It is one fine knife for everyday use. A 303 finds its way into my pocket more than any other knife. I have black ones, 1 red jigged bone, 2 brown jigged bone, 1 yellow and 3 poly pearl 303s. I would love to see Buck come out with a smooth yellow 303. Wal Mart has a nice poly pearl that is real pretty and has the same quality as the other ones. I love my yellow one but don'g carry it much because I want to keep it nice. It is used but still a nice knife. Buck can't be beat in customer service either.

I just bought a poly-pearl 303 from Walmart about a month ago. What a nice knife, it's nice not having the black handles. Fit and finish, walk and talk are good. Edges came a little rough, but that was fixed in short order. Good size for an EDC piece and nice to look at how can you go wrong for about $25.00. :)

Dan,
Your welcome!
That 303 is a grat little knife. Especially for someone like me that does not like to stop and sharpen that often. The way i look at it, i have 3 blades to dull up before i have to bother my rework guy for a sharpen job!
Its a great one for collecting too. You can find quite a few variations, such as were mentioned in this thread, and they wont cost you an arm and a leg.

Joe Houser wrote:
>"The way i look at it, i have 3 blades to dull up before i have to bother my rework guy for a sharpen job!"

=============================

Bother your rework guy for a sharpen job!? Why you lazy son of a Buck! :p :D

Back