my favorite place in the world

Ren the devils trailboss said:
Just for fun anyone know where it is? Do you guys have a favorite place where you would like to visit every day if you could?

Friday Harbour in the San Juan Islands Washington state...I've never been there but my GF's fathers ashes are spread there (and shes visited ever summer since a youngin) and talks the world of the place, plus the pictures i've seen show a place i could happily spend forever at. I wanna open a forge up, that'd be the ultimate place for me to do it...

Gimme trees, water, a cool climate and wet (i hate desert dryness) and thats my heaven...personally I hate australia, the heat disagree's with my body like nothing else, and having an american GF means I have the option of moving (which i am in 2007) :D.

Carthage was close when he said Bryce canyon..actually its Cedar Breaks..the actual picture is at a place called sunset point. it a bowl of pink rock and you stand on the cliff when the sun tips into this bowl the whole canyon begins to glow..its awe inspiring..

Ren

The most beautiful place in the world to me are all the vast acres of farm land a mile away from where I live. All the cotton fields are harvested now and it all looks like snow. So peaceful there and my true sense of this is where I belong. :)

Isle of Skye for me. I spent only one day on my honeymoon there and thought I was in Heaven.

Glacier National Park, followed by a tie with Bryce Canyon and the Little River Canyon National Preserve in NE AL (of all places :D).

--------------------------
Edited to add - It's a big world out there and I have not seen it all yet ;)

Don't have a pic, but the area just south of Yellowstone I visited back in....jeeze....'92! What an amazing place! First time I really had a feeling of being "home"! I wanted to stay so much!

Bo Hansen

Bobwhite said:
Isle of Skye for me. I spent only one day on my honeymoon there and thought I was in Heaven.

Yeah but how much of the island did you see? :)

Cindy Denning said:
The most beautiful place in the world to me are all the vast acres of farm land a mile away from where I live. All the cotton fields are harvested now and it all looks like snow. So peaceful there and my true sense of this is where I belong. :)

I was talking with an aboriginal woman up north recently. She had moved down south 15 years before, to Perth, to get an education and make her life there (she is a teacher). She found that after 15 years away from her home country, she felt that her soul was becoming diluted - fading like a photocopy of a photocopy. So she moved back up North to be near the country of her ancestors.

shappa said:
torz...where were you in the redwoods. I'm in Humboldt County...I could walk to a spot that looks like that.

Note: if you're not looking close you can miss the person standing at the base of the tree.
I went on a trip with the family when I was a young sprout of 16, can't remember the exact area. We drove my Dad's Suburban through a tunnel in one of the trees, maybe that'll help identify it (unless there's more than one drive-through tree). I can't believe I was raised in NorCal and only went to the Redwoods once. :(

34650189.jpg

Oops, forgot to tell where this was. Bora Bora about 3 years ago. I NEED TO RETURN!!!

Did I see some Hawai`i-ses? No like come ova hea? Fricken buggas, you come bumbai! :cool:

Na I dont think that Hawai`i is that nice, at least not oahu, go Hawaii or Maui.
Maybe I've been born too long. Although I can't imagine being anywhere else. :D

Give me Prince William Sound or much of The coast line of Alaska. In the winter it would be on an island off the Great Barrier Reef.I could the spend the rest of my summers exploring Alaskas Thousands of rivers.

Gajinoz. We drove a circuit around the Isle. We took all day to do it. There was no time for fooling around. The time at Loch Ness is another story though. ;)

Depending on my mood, it would be either Thousand Island Lake in the high Sierra or one of the remote Sequoia groves near here (right now my favorite is Garfield Grove).

Michigans upper peninsula, Copper Harbor, Or Bete Grise on the eastern shore of the Keweenaw peninsula. Fishing for Coho or Lakers on Lake Superior is the best thing in the world. Eating broiled lake trout or coho salmon from Superior is the second best!

The central U.P. near Munising or Grand Marais 30 miles to the east is also beautiful.Sparsely populated too!
lots of forest to hike or cross country ski. Lots of small lakes for fishing.

West of St. Ignace along US2 is about 20 miles of beach on Lake Michigan.Big waves for swiming in the summer. Manistique is another place I am fond of. The light seems different there.

Finnaly Watersmeet along the Wisconsin border Rolling hill country with river valeys cut trough the rocky hills. Dotted with hundreds of inland lakes.

I'm looking for land as we speak!

Drew

Probably Deer Isle Maine,n second would be psaten wilderness in WA. Lots of places I havent seenyet

Our unit returned to Hokkaido Japan in late '52. What an enormous island ! "Love is a many splendored thing " could have been filmed there in Otaru ,a seaport. Uncle Sam let me have a leave & I stayed there 10 wonderful days. Drank 72 quarts of Sapporo beer [ saved the caps to keep score] ,did anything & everything a young platoon sgt. would do & spent a whopping $ 78.00 . Premium hotel geisha ceremonies etc.....
Those were the days Archie Bunker !

Uncle Alan Still remembering

There's this very out-of-the-way single occupancy bed-and-breakfast on Whidbey Island (WashingtonState) called Cliff House (and they have a "Cliff Cottage" next door) where my wife I have stayed on several occasions. It's very quiet, secluded, right on a high bluff overlooking Puget Sound (watching the sunset), and the residence is architectural eye candy. You can't ask for much more. When I was built, it was on the cover of Sunset magazine.

When there, we saw a nuclear submarine go by on it's way to Bangor. They also have a double-sized hammock and a “tree house” (it’s more of a tree platform with a view to “kill for”) both right on or near the bluff for quiet solitude (with or without the spouse or kids).

I have a lot have favorite places, but when I read this thread, this location instantly came to me as the place that has brought me the most peace, joy, and tranquility, and that I'd probably most like to go to right now to put a smile on my face.

Nice pictures. :)

This may sound silly, but my favorite place to be is my own home. I love being out in the middle of nowhere, no through-traffic, lots of woods and wildlife, and plenty of privacy. I feel safe and content just where I am, which is what I've always wanted and finally have.

Attachments

• driveway.JPG
    driveway.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 21
Back