My favorite user PM2 (Crucarta) ost its pivot screw, without being in use. Is there hope for me?

Hashishiin

Gold Member
Hello, Spydie guys. My favorite Crucarta PM2, my go toú, knowing it'll do everything I ask of it, with a reasonable steel that I find excellent.

I do not want to retire this, what is my best option? Never used Spyderco CS and hoping for the best.

Would be glad to pay to ship it there and back. Thanks Spydies people. You guys beat Vic and CS as my most owned knife company.

How did that happen?
Anyway, may be an opportunity to upgrade to Ti or ano aftermarket screw sets.

Buy a new Ti screw set. Then clean the pivot with Acetone (nail polish remover), use blue loktite on the screws, adjust pivot within 10’ max, and don’t touch for 48h to let the loktite settle.

How did that happen?
Anyway, may be an opportunity to upgrade to Ti or ano aftermarket screw sets.
Carried in pocket all day at work. actually had tightened up the screws about a month prior, to get rid of some very small blade play. Took it out of my pocket at home, I think it was only used for a small cardboard box or two. I notice the screw is gone.

Also, I love my Ti and Maple PM2s, would love to get ano hardware for em though!
IMG_20240105_090726649.jpg

Last edited:
I think I will contact Spyderco first, but if not, perhaps purple hardware is in order. Dang, if I get that I would be too tempted to put em on the Ti one for its purp ano.

I don't understand how a knife could get to that point to lose a screw. When taking them apart the blade becomes pretty loose and the screw starts poking out pretty far before it falls out. I would notice this on my knives way before a screw got lost.

Take a picture of your knife showing where the missing screw goes and e-mail it to Spyderco. I had a couple of screws go missing out a PM2 years ago, didn't notice until I posted a picture and someone mentioned it. Spyderco sent out a whole set of screws in a couple of days.

Back