My Fiddleback Bushcrafter

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
This was a gift knife (yeah, helluva gift) from a close friend. I got it right after Blade, and its become a close friend as well. Great knife Andy, but, how does it work? I usually make a bowdrill kit, but since its August, and hotter than hell here, firemaking was the last thing on my mind. :D So, I made a fork instead.

I found a drop cut piece of pine (2x4) to play with. I had tons of natural wood to work with, but eh, I was having some fun. The soft pine cuts like soap. Let the fun begin.

100_2550.jpg

Burlap Micarta, maroon spacers, 5 pin, and bullseye lanyard. A fine, fine knife

100_2551.jpg

Takes to the club well, and is an accomplished splitter

100_2554.jpg

Right through the pine knot. Smooth as silk, so much so, it helped me setup the fork design.

100_2555.jpg

Angle bites, light clubbing

100_2556.jpg

100_2557.jpg

100_2558.jpg

Shaping and molding

100_2559.jpg

100_2560.jpg

100_2561.jpg

100_2562.jpg

Starting to take shape, and then the unthinkable

100_2563.jpg

100_2564.jpg

100_2565.jpg

It wasn't the knife. It was me. I got overzealous on a roll cut, and broke out the side of the knot. It happens sometimes. So, I decided that if I had needed a fork, and I broke one of the tynes off, I would just have to keep on keeping on, so I finished it quick, with little regard to shaping the tynes.

100_2565.jpg

100_2566.jpg

100_2568.jpg

All in all a FANTASTIC knife. Beautiful and functional, and it fits my hand like it was made for it.

Thank you Andy, truly a great piece of work.

Moose

Moose, you lucky #$@%! Thanks for the pics. It looks more like an upside down bird skull though!LMAO!

Sweet looking blade my friend. And KFU, don't be surprised if I don't purchase something from you in the near future. Have been admiring your work.

Sweet looking blade my friend. And KFU, don't be surprised if I don't purchase something from you in the near future. Have been admiring your work.

KFU only lives about 15mins from me Warrior. I'll be sure and test out your knife before Bowden ships it. :D

Moose

That knife is drop dead gorgeous. WOW......WOW!!!!!
Rarely have I seen a knife that I just kept staring at. This is definitely one of those. Truly, one of the best looking knives. It is so simple and elegant. Something about it has captured my inner bushy-ness. WOW!!!!

Thanks Warrior, and Moose, you are welcome anytime brother! As for Andy, he has helped me out a ton since I started making knives. If I ever have a question he gladly answers it and gives me some tips on making my knives better. I don't know him from Adam but he has never not answered a PM. He is a class act! Now, when are the Curly Maple Nessmucks gonna be available Andy! Im thinking that or Crotch Walnut over Maple! What, I can dream right.

Dang Moose, I need friends like yours. Great knife Congrats!!!!

Great looking blade. Whenever I buy another knife it will be some kind of bushcrafter, proabably a condor.

Nice score bro, that design is really growing on me...but first I want a Recluse, A Ladyfinger, and another Hiking Buddy....maybe a Woodsman too :)

Really nice pics Moose. I didn't know this was a gift at the time of purchase. Congrats! Thanks for the review. Let us know how she ages! I love seeing them get used.

You lucky dog,er moose.
Those scales compliment the 3d spalting nicely.
Great combo.

Why did you pick the knot part to put in the middle of your fork?

Why did you pick the knot part to put in the middle of your fork?

Looks, not sure why, I was just pissin' away the day, carving and looking at my wife. I thought, eh, why not.

Moose

Back