My first and second Busses

1st: Mr. Mojo. 2nd: BAE Well, I join "Ad"'s thread today; bought mine from Andre as well, before the rush was on. Actually, I studied the matter via the Busse website, so I felt somewhat comfortable deciding, but nothing beats the "look and feel" of the real things in your hand, gotta say. :D

Question: Didn't know, but there are variations on a theme? i.e. the Combat Grade may be black crinkle coated, but the "flats"? are either satin or black or just old models/by request? I guess the current ones also have the Busse logo (unless you specify when ordering not to?) Finally, a nit, the holes on the handle, are the insides supposed to also be crinkle coated or shiny from being drilled after being coated? My BAE is crinkle coated and the Mr. Mojo is drilled/uncoated. :confused:

JJ,
Welcome to the Busse Forum and the Wonderful World of Busse. ;) Congratulations on your new Blades, what a great 2 to start with. :)

Stick around you will enjoy it here.

BTW, now the hard part starts, deciding which one is next. ;):D

Jupiterjazz,
Welcome to the Busse forum. What 2 better to buy then the
BAE and the Mr. Mojo. Gone forever.:( Glad you were able to get
them.

Welcome jupiterjazz71. Congrats on your new addiction:D

Sometimes there seems to be a little variation on the finish that Busses have. For the most part, the new blades are all coated with the crinkle style finish. There may very well be some new models with the older, non-crinkle finish. I've only seen a few of the first run Ergos (NO, SH, and BMs) with the old finish, but you never know what might show up at the table:D
Whether or not the Talon holes are drilled, cut, or coated is just another one of the quirks that makes each Busse a little different:) Kind of like if they're skinned down around the handle. Mine all seem to be coated, but are not all crinkled. Maybe there are some differences in the way the finish cures in the holes????

Welcome to the Busse Addiction :) Those are two sweet Busse knives. Thr Mr. Mojo just has an attitude all its own....

Hey JJ..

Great two knives you've got there...

The Mojo should get the job done for you out in Banana country.. The Badger will be your favorite little friend and a constant companion.. I'll put money on it,, it will be on you from the time you wake up til the time you go to bed,,if not longer...:)

Not sure what you mean about the krickle coating in the handle holes..Never seen that on Any Busses....

Got a question for you..In the picture you sent me with the guy holding the machine gun..What kind of weapon is that,, and which one is you ??

I'll be at your latest e-mail in the morning,,I'm kind of Melba Toast tonight to answer any more mail...

ttyle

Eric...

Back