My first attempt at BK2 Kydex

I got some .093 Kydex and made a sheath for my BK2 I got from CRKS, actually my 2nd attempt, the first time I heated it to 350 degrees and tried to form a RC4 style sheath(also useing a heat gun to help form it) which did not work out for me :mad: so back to the oven she went, so thinking like the farmer that I am, I grabbed two fairly stiff pillows from the sofa :eek: my wife asked what are you going to do with those? I'll bring them back I said as I ran for the kitchen I laid a pillow on the floor, next hot kydex folded over the BK2 and a pillow on top. laid a phone book on top of this and stood on it :rolleyes:
1004.jpg

1005.jpg

It's all held together with carter screws but I'm going to get some hollow rivets to replace the screws.
The first belt attachment was a kydex clip I formed but it was too top heavy so I made a kydex belt loop. I'm going to take the sheath to work and do some finish work on the belt sander this week sometime, but all in all it holds the knife really secure.
After this I'm really considering making a press, it should go a whole lot smoother next time and with a smaller knife a Teclock should work great for belt attachment

Nice work mechtec. Thats a great story to go along with it!

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

Thanks, If I ever get the press made I want to try a thinner material instead of the .093. I'm thinking It will be easier to form. It's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend and I'm hoping to get to the woods or mountains and finish testing the BK2 and do a short review.

thinking like the farmer that I am, I grabbed two fairly stiff pillows from the sofa :eek: my wife asked what are you going to do with those? I'll bring them back I said as I ran for the kitchen I laid a pillow on the floor, next hot kydex folded over the BK2 and a pillow on top. laid a phone book on top of this and stood on it :rolleyes: .................
After this I'm really considering making a press, it should go a whole lot smoother

Or you could pick up one of their CKK Sheath Molding Press would cost alot less than if my wife caught me standing on the pillows in the kitchen.

Back