My first Becker a BK11, and it won't be my last!!!

Made it to the gun show Sat. in Harrisburg and got to meet Tom of Chesnut Ridge Knife Shop, and picked up an OD Izula and a couple of BK11's.
BobandTomCRKS.jpg
[/IMG].

These little BK11's are great.What propted this was my step daughter mis batoning her Buck folder snapping the handle the weekend before last,during a camping trip and that's all the reason I need to start thinking of a new knife purchase.
woods014.jpg
[/IMG]

After reading all the great feedback on this and the RAT forums I decided to get them and myself Neckers. She's in college and does alot of day hikes and my son's in the Scouts and I feel that I can rely on these small but very capable and solid little knives to help keep them safe if they get lost or something and have to spend the night in the wood's.And I just had to get one for myself :D Hey I might get lost too ya know :rolleyes:

Today we went to the back meadow at the creek and I had them practice building a fire with their BK's and firesteels. Here's some necker action
woods010.jpg
[/IMG]
woods006.jpg
[/IMG]

I want to thank Ethan for an outstanding little knife, and I can see a BK2 in the near future for myself, in case I get lost.:eek:

Wish Tom and CRKS would come down to the Dallas Market Hall show in April. That'd be awesome!

Mechtec -- Ouch! How did she break it? Was it a direct hit on the locking bar pivot pin, or did she hit it somewhere else? It appears to have broken there, which would be the weakest point of the handle. Does Buck use plastic or FRN for the handle? I just checked the Buck website, and it says "thermoplastic base". Do you see any evidence of fiberglass reinforcement? I suppose they'll consider batonning to be "misuse or abuse", but it doesn't hurt to ask about the warranty.

Thanks for the photos. The broken Buck is a sobering sight. It makes me reconsider dayhiking with just a folder, even my expensive metal handled folders. For $36, a BK11 is good insurance.

A direct hit on the handle or locking bar, She was hitting the handle instead of the blade. I didn't see any fibers in the handle but I don't think that would have helped, as she shouldn't have batoned the handle anyway, especially a folder. I am really impressed with the BK11 it's a solid lttle knife,in fact it will be my EDC for awhile on my belt.
You won't reget getting one.

Thanks for the info. I wondered if she had hit it directly on the break, or on the blade/handle junction, and it just broke at the weakest point. My question on fiberglass reinforcement was curiosity about whether Buck was using FRN or plastic handles. Speaking of Buck, even if they decide it broke from abuse, maybe they'll fix it cheap, since all they really have to replace are the handles, and maybe the pins.

I have a Camillus BK11 and like it. I need to get some Ka-bar made Beckers to play with. You say you will be EDC it on your belt. Are you using the Ka-Bar TDI clip on the Becker sheath, or something else?

As for now I just have paracord laced thru it like RAT's sheath's and it fits fairly tight to my side and I can almost forget it's there and under my t shirt you rally can't notice it, but I would like to get a TDI clip so it can easily be removed. I'm planning on sending the Buck back as she really liked this knife as it was a gift.

mechtec it was good to see you at the show. I'm confident that the knives you bought will be more suited to you needs. Nice action pictures!

One of these years I'll make it down to the Lone Star State. I'll work my way down one show at a time.

Thank you for buying your knives from us, we appreciate your business.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

Back