My first bushcraft knife w.i.p. Part 2 the finnished prouct

looks awesome, however it reminds me very much of a brian andrews Terrasaur.

hi, i can tell you this ,it is a 1 of a kind knife i didnt do any research on bush knife i grabbed a peice of paper and pencil and sketched it out, then went to the grinder and profiled it out till it felt good in the hand,then went from there. its my own design
ty bill

NOW THE KNIFE IS FINNISHED ITS AWAITING LEATHER, I HAD ALOT OF FUN WITH THIS NEW STYLE KNIFE,IT BEING THE FIRST I EVER DONE,HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT ASWELL,WELL CHRIS ITS ALL YOURS MAN,HOPE YOU LIKE IT, THE OVERALL SPECS ON THIS KNIFE ARE

(ALDO BRUNOS) - 1095 STEEL
GRIND- FULL FLAT
CLAY COATED FAST QUENCH FOR THE HAMON , EDGE HARDENED
HANDLES- STABILIZED BOX ELDER BURL WITH BLACK EBONY LINERS
PINS- NICKLE/ MOSAIC AND LANYARD TUBE
THUMB NOTCHING
MEASURES - 9" OVERALL 4.5" CUTTING EDGE

THANKS EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING THIS THREAD PLEASE ENJOY!
BILL @ BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES

BFISHY005.jpg

BA, this effort turned out something special. I could think of about 5 to 6 things off the top of my head to use this for, but the other hand is telling me to leave it alone & let it rest peacefully in my knife case. Thats the trouble I have, I usually don't buy anything just to "keep it" & not put it to use on something. Great shots of the knife, excellent craftsman & skill sets, you should be very proud of these efforts. One "Attaboy" award to you . . . :)
Be safe.

Wow Bill! What a great tutorial and a sweet knife! Thanks for taking the time to put all that together! :thumbup:

Dan

knife and sheath are comeplete add your striker rod chris ,your ready to rock bro , its been fun!!!

What a beauty! Everything turned out great Bill and I appreciate the time you spent on this project. It has been a pleasure working with you and I can't wait for round 2! Its now time to give that beauty a good old workout.

big 10-4 be on the way tommorow might have itthursday your not far from its home

That is a beautiful blade. The scales are out of this world.

I'd use the dickens out of that one. :D

Back