My first CRK

Novak77

Gold Member
I've been into firearms and blades, since I could pee standing up. Chris Reeve always had adds in all of the gun magazines back in the day. While in my teens and early 20s, a CRK was never something I could swing. Beer $$ and chasing women, were much more important at that time in my life.

Well fast forward some 20 years and I finally have my first CRK. I scored a like new
Star-Benza on this very forum, and I couldn't be happier.

I've owned several nice knives. Koenig, Crusader Forge, Hinderer, Strider, etc and I will say the Star-Benza didn't disappoint.

The first thing that popped into my head when I took it out of the box was elegant. The line's, machining, action, the whole package was just elegant. Oh and lets not forget about the edge, holy crap it's sharp. I honestly think its the sharpest out of the box knife I've ever purchased.

Thank you BF, for always making my wallet sad and putting a smile on my face.

Congratulations on your purchase.
I recently purchased a small starbenza, and I like better than I expected. (my hand doesn't appreciate the large 21; and I used to think the small was too small.) I wish I could say mine was as sharp as yours, but I can work on that when I get some free time.

Congratulations on your purchase.
I recently purchased a small starbenza, and I like better than I expected. (my hand doesn't appreciate the large 21; and I used to think the small was too small.) I wish I could say mine was as sharp as yours, but I can work on that when I get some free time.

Thank you sir and congrats on your Star-Benza too. I really dig the starburst pattern on the scales, gives you a little extra grip and looks cool too lol.

Congratulations on your first CRK, a pic would have been nice ;)
No doubt it will serve you well and be a reliable tool. The more you use it, the more you’ll appreciate the quality and simpleness of CRK. It doesn’t hurt that the Wilson Combat CRK’s are cool as hell. On top of that, if you ever decide to send it in, the slabs can be blasted to make it look brand new. Personally, I like a well worn look.

I’ve been a steel addict ever since my grandfather gave me my first custom knife when I was 15 years old back in 1979. I’ve carried a lot of folders over a lot of years, both for work and for personal every day carry. In my experience, and for the money, Chris Reeve’s are the best folders, with the best customer service, I’ve ever owned. No other company’s CS can touch theirs. Chances are rare that you will ever need their customer service, but it’s nice to know it’s there if you do. They are worth every penny.

If you can find me another maker’s folder that you can take apart, clean, lube, put back together countless dozens of times, without stripping screws and generally just destroying the knife, other than a CRK, I’m all ears :). They cut really well, too. It might sound like I work for them, but I don’t. I’m just a user.

ETA: Congratulations on your Star-Benza. They’re an outstanding design, especially for a work knife.

A19BA373-8C58-41D3-8707-8879ED86520E.jpeg

Last edited:
CONGRATS on your first ... and my sympathys go out to you if you have a family or are in a serious relationship ... now before the sickness takes over totally ...

*waving to your loved ones* ... it was nice to meet you ... and know you "when" ... he didn't need a the support meetings ... sorry. :confused:

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the club! Coincidentally, my first and second CRK's were small and large Star-Benzas. The large is my #1 go-to workhorse and the small is for times when discreet concealed carry is necessary.

Back