My first James Terrio knife.

Just got this in the mail. It is very thin and slicey. I can't imagine how good his kitchen knives are.

14613785664_4dc41a9941_z.jpg

My first tapered tang as well.

14429269629_6905eb4eda_z.jpg

14615850075_1a80c81dd1_z.jpg

It has a nice patina on it already from the previous owner.

14429196960_4fc263e350_z.jpg

Great knife James!

More when I get a chance to test it out.

Jeremy

Very nice, Jeremy. I look forward to reading your opinions after you have put it through its paces.

For the record, James Terrio makes a fantastic kitchen knife.

Congrats! I'm glad you like it :)

FYI all THK's are covered under my warranty, whether you bought them from me directly or not...

Warranty:
All Terrio Handmade Knives are backed with a 100% guarantee against defects in materials and craftsmanship, when used in a reasonable manner, for as long as I'm able to work.

Should your Terrio knife ever require sharpening, touch-ups or repair, simply send it to me with return shipping and I will bring it back to as close to new condition as possible, at no charge. This includes knives that were not bought directly from me! Secondhand, dealer purchases, you found it in the woods... it doesn't matter. If my name is on it, I will honor my warranty.

Please note that a Terrio Handmade Knife is NOT a screwdriver, chisel or pry bar! Outright abuse voids all warranties, express or implied. I test them so you don't have to.

Yes James, I like it a lot. I love how simple it is. I also like how not threatening it looks. This might be my new edc when I am not at work.

I think I am going to take you up on the offer for the touch up and sharpening. Nothing serious, it is still in great shape.

Please let me know what I need to do in order to have this done. If you are up to your eyebrows in orders I can wait.

I noticed your address on your website. Is it the one you would like to have it sent to? Anything you want written on the package?

I will include return shipping. No problem.

Thanks, and once again there is no rush.

Jeremy

Congrats! I'm glad you like it :)

FYI all THK's are covered under my warranty, whether you bought them from me directly or not...

Warranty:
All Terrio Handmade Knives are backed with a 100% guarantee against defects in materials and craftsmanship, when used in a reasonable manner, for as long as I'm able to work.

Should your Terrio knife ever require sharpening, touch-ups or repair, simply send it to me with return shipping and I will bring it back to as close to new condition as possible, at no charge. This includes knives that were not bought directly from me! Secondhand, dealer purchases, you found it in the woods... it doesn't matter. If my name is on it, I will honor my warranty.

Please note that a Terrio Handmade Knife is NOT a screwdriver, chisel or pry bar! Outright abuse voids all warranties, express or implied. I test them so you don't have to.

That's some great info there.

Congrats on the THK. Knowing how good they feel and cut, I know you won't be disappointed.

I think I am going to take you up on the offer for the touch up and sharpening. Nothing serious, it is still in great shape.
Please let me know what I need to do in order to have this done. If you are up to your eyebrows in orders I can wait.
I noticed your address on your website. Is it the one you would like to have it sent to? Anything you want written on the package?
I will include return shipping. No problem.

You got it, it's really as simple as that. Send it back to me at:

James Terrio
4412 Damas Rd
Knoxville, TN

(same addy as is on my website)

Simply send it to me in a sturdy, secure box and include a few bucks for return shipping/insurance. $15 will cover that. Check or money order is fine. Don't write anything about "custom knives" on the package, that's a thief-magnet.

I'll clean it up and put my edge back on it. Same goes for the sheath, I'll check it out and make any necessary touch-ups or repairs. Be sure to include a note inside the box with your info so I can send it back.

This might take a week or two to get back to you; I'm going camping soon and will be away from the shop for several days. I have trusted family members lined up to check my mail while I'm away, so don't fret about that. I'll do my best to let you know when I receive it, get it cleaned up and send it back, and I'll send you the tracking number when I ship it back.

:)

Last edited:
Just sent the knife your way James. Can't wait to see it after some TLC.

Jeremy

Hey man, just touching base on my knife. I know I told you that I wasn't in a rush, I am just looking for a status report.

If at all possible I would like to bring it to the Northeast gathering October 10th-12th.

I hope everything is going well for you.

I tried to PM you this message but your inbox in full.

Jeremy

Last edited:
All ready to go, she'll be on her way back to you in a couple days :)

That is service right there! I can't wait to check it out.

Thanks James!

Jeremy

I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know that I got my knife back from James a few weeks ago. I don't have any pictures of it since it came back, just picture it being sharper than before.

I have had a couple people ask me if I got my knife back because they saw this thread and were questioning buying a knife from James because of the wait I experienced with my knife. It seems that other people were more worried about my knife than I was.

First of all, after I sent my knife to James I found out that he was going through a rough patch in his life. I contacted him and told him flat out to not worry about getting my knife back to me fast and to take care of his personal life first. I felt this was the right thing to do since he, in a few different threads about this knife mentioned his awesome warranty. I did not hit him up and or beg to have this service done. All he asked was that I pay the shipping both ways, as anyone would.

He was very easy to deal with the entire time. I do not feel slighted in the least. The knife came back really sharp and all is well.

I hope the lack of me updating this thread did not impact your business poorly James.

I feel that James is a great American and a great craftsman and I feel that if you are in the market for a custom knife, James would be a solid choice.

Jeremy

Thanks for your kind words, Jeremy. I look forward to serving you again in the future. Enjoy your knife in good health! :)

Back