My first Kukri

Very excited to have ordered a scourge anniversary with a satin finish. This is my first fixed blade Kukri. I ordered the standard Indian rosewood scales and I'm wondering if I should have opted for the micarta.
Any on how long it will take to get this in the U.S.?

Once I got the tracking number it took about a week to arrive in the US. Their website shows a lead time of 7 weeks atm. So expect about 2 months or more.

Very excited I ordered the standard Indian rosewood scales and I'm wondering if I should have opted for the micarta.
If I were you, I would opt for the micarta scales like you mentioned. Being it is supposed to be a tough all-out kukri I myself would want the micarta scales to match the overall toughness of the tool. With the wood scales you have to oil it and take care of it, or it may lead to cracking and from vibration as well from chopping stuff. I have 5 Nepalese khukuris so far and have spent quite a bit of time effort and money in applying tung, and linseed oil to my wooden handled khukuris in fear of them splitting. I'm going to get a Kailash Khukuri eventually and it will be oil quenched with micarta scales for overall toughness. Good luck and post some pics when it comes in. đź‘Ť

Very excited to have ordered a scourge anniversary with a satin finish. This is my first fixed blade Kukri. I ordered the standard Indian rosewood scales and I'm wondering if I should have opted for the micarta.
Any on how long it will take to get this in the U.S.?
Oh! I almost forgot Welcome to BladeForums, đź‘Ť

Thanks for the support! I'd also agree that if the budget allows micarta is a better functional pick than rosewood. Rosewood does have a more classical/historic look to it and it's also lighter weight which can help with keeping an aggressive balance on smaller khukuris (11" and under). If you'd like to swap just send an email through to customdesign@kailashblades.com and we'll help you with a custom invoice.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

I feel better now. With Andrew's help I added micarta scales, and even added an additional sheath in kydex. I even caught myself looking at the next blade I want....The expedition cleaver. I won't place that order until I get the scourge in my hand though.
That's the right idea I think- your experiences with the blade will help to inform what you're looking for from your next blade. Who knows- maybe you even go smaller or go traditional?
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

cool i should be getting something soon but I think the Acid Wash (Hamon) takes longer they need to do a slow soke

cool i should be getting something soon but I think the Acid Wash (Hamon) takes longer they need to do a slow soke
Takes a little longer but only about half a day- it's actually quite a labour intensive treatment rather than a passive soak :)

I got the "blade completed" email just now! I'm really looking forward to my
kukri. What's more exciting is knowing that this piece can be handed down to my grandson.
Here is a recap of what's coming:
*Scourge anniversary with bottle opener notch removed. Satin finish and heavy duty grind.
*Black micarta scales.
*Two sheaths. One leather and one kydex.
Pure awesomeness.

Back