My first liner lock experiment

Tell me what you think about this one. After reading all the tutorials on linerlocks plus wanting to try one anyway.... this is what I got.

Pictures are the best I could do with the scanner I have. Sorry I wish they were better.
frown.gif

Side one
View

Side two
View

Lock side
View

Filework on blade and spline
View

Specs are:
- Blade and spline ats34
- liners titanium anodized a cool blueish purple (depends on the light ... it ain't black like the scan shows ... only color my etcher will do)
smile.gif

- Bolsters Stainless steel polished and dovetailed
- Mammoth ivory handles (got there color right anyway)

I wished I had a camera this scanner makes stuff look wierd.

------------------
Tony Huffman
thuffman@texinet.net
Sporting Clays & Shotguns ... my other bad habit!

I like it a lot. I was impressed to see how close you got the thumb stud to the handle. Looks like a very tight arc. So many have one that requires an unusually long thumb, or necessitate a shift in grip to finish opening.

I also like the relatively "plain" wood handle. Refreshingly simple and different. Heck of a good effort for your first.
smile.gif

Woops -- forgot to ask if you plan to provide a sheath or little leather sack or whatever they call them? Or do you plan to install a clip? Guess I would like to know the dimensions. Without a framework, difficult to tell.
------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

[This message has been edited by Bugs3x (edited 04-02-2001).]

I think what you "got" came out pretty darn good especially for a first one. Very nice job on the filework too!

[This message has been edited by Gus Kalanzis (edited 04-02-2001).]

Thanks guys. I have made a few slip joint folders and this was my first attempt at a liner lock.

Extra info:
Knife is 4 inches closed about 7 1/4 opened. "Plain Wood" handles are Mammoth ivory - internal part - not wood and the color and texture are just part of the luck. But it is pretty cool kind of an antique look but then when your 10,000 to 25,000 years old you probably are an antique
smile.gif
. No plans for a clip on this one. Cases or something is a good idea. Easy to open with one hand no shifting required. I am already doing a little redesign to this one to clean up a thing or two I want to do different to make it better.

But thanks for the comments.

------------------
Tony Huffman
thuffman@texinet.net
Sporting Clays & Shotguns ... my other bad habit!

Wow Tony, I'd be proud if that was my 100th folder! That is one fine looking knife with first class materials. The file work is an excellent touch!What are the dimensions???

------------------
Take care!! Michael
jesus.jpg

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

[This message has been edited by L6STEEL (edited 04-07-2001).]

Tony a job well done ! congratulations

------------------
A lefty trying to find his way in a righthanded world.
my art
BCC #942

Back