My first Strider...................AR

ARtsig1

Banned
I just made a deal for my first Strider knife ....ever. Dexter had been on me about getting an AR/GB and tonight I found an AR in 99%+ condition that has a flat ground S30V blade. I think it is actually marked BG-42, but apparently comes from a batch of knives that were mismarked. It does have the tiger stripe finish. The closest thing I have to one of these as far as size is concerned is a Buck/Strider sp. I've handled Dexter's AR a few times at get togethers so I am looking forward to receiving this "MONSTER" of a folder. Comes with a SOE sheath which is a good thing as I don't see me carrying this one in my pocket, although I could see me carrying it in a vest or jacket pocket as I do my Buck/Strider now.

Anyone care to comment on the AR series of Striders? :)

The AR is THE hard use folder. Nothing else even comes close. The only folder I've ever held/used that really seems fixed blade tough. I'd never be without one.

MO

PS: I love my SnG's also, very tough but the AR/GB's are in a class by their selves.

Art!!
What took ya so long?:rolleyes:

Once you get your huge paws on an AR, you aren't gonna wanna party with all those nice customs you've been picking up the last few months. Which means, of course, that you are free to give me screaming deals on all those Smiths:D .

Barry H

Good luck with the AR Art. I keep trying to change my EDC, But I always come back to the AR. It just feels right. I usually carry it in one of Gary's G-2 sheaths, but it rides well in the pocket of a pair of jeans too. Happy New Year to all. ec

Back