my first two Carothers

Now I can finally post about MY first CPK instead of living though others posts.
Funny story too.
After the package dropping off the USPS radar last week, the last I checked was Saturday after no delivery and the tracking was still dormant, so I figured that with no mail on Sunday and the holiday today that it would be Tuesday at the earliest.
Well, I checked the tracking today to see if it had resurfaced and low and behold, it says it was delivered on Sunday at 11:00 am. Crazy stuff.
I could have had this in had a whole 28 hours earlier.

First impressions of both, just fondling not using...
Very well balanced and very comfortable in hand. Perfect fit and finish.
If the EDC was any smaller, it would be too small in my hand. I will see how it feels with work gloves on. But bare handed, its the perfect size for my hands.
UFK just replaced all my hunting and game cleaning knives and lightened the load by about 3 knives.
Scales are amazing and im glad I went with unbuffed, they are nice and grippy.
Hopefully i can put these to use soon.

Took some pictures for my (I mean your) enjoyment.
This was my first teklok. it took me 30 mins to figure out how to open it. lol

xErhbRZh.jpg

cvSejLsh.jpg

WGBwPBIh.jpg

KPUd1XDh.jpg

yKiCVAqh.jpg

C7hzn47h.jpg

I see what all the hype is about.
I tried a couple of the other well hyped makers with sales similar to these Friday sales, and they were all sold shortly after delivery, they didnt do it for me.
These do.

Thanks Nate, Jo, and company.

Last edited:
Now I can finally post about MY first CPK instead of living though others posts.
Funny story too.
After the package dropping off the USPS radar last week, the last I checked was Saturday after no delivery and the tracking was still dormant, so I figured that with no mail on Sunday and the holiday today that it would be Tuesday at the earliest.
Well, I checked the tracking today to see if it had resurfaced and low and behold, it says it was delivered on Sunday at 11:00 am. Crazy stuff.

If the EDC was any smaller, it would be too small in my hand. I will see how it feels with work gloves on. But bare handed, its the perfect size for my hands.
UFK just replaced all my hunting and game cleaning knives and lightened the load by about 3 knives.

xErhbRZh.jpg

cvSejLsh.jpg

WGBwPBIh.jpg

KPUd1XDh.jpg

yKiCVAqh.jpg

C7hzn47h.jpg

I tried a couple of the other well hyped makers with sales similar to these Friday sales, and they were all sold shortly after delivery, they didnt do it for me.
These do.

Congrats! They look awesome. I may have to try that burlap. It looks great.

Very nice!
Which model is next on your agenda?

I ordered my FK2 with teklok to, and this will be my first of that type of sheath, so if you have any pointers, don't be shy :p

Very nice!
Which model is next on your agenda?

I ordered my FK2 with teklok to, and this will be my first of that type of sheath, so if you have any pointers, don't be shy :p

for the teklok, you have to flip a little tab towards the bottom of the teklok, then you have to pinch the sides really hard and it should open up.
Its easier to tell what to do when having one in front of you.

Next on list:
HDFK and possibly a BC.
Either way, out of what has been released already, I will stop at 5 (unless new blades come out).
Once I get the HDFK and BC, the last I will need is either a light, medium, or heavy chopper but sounds like the medium is what I should aim for.

The Heavy Chopper or HC is very limited in numbers.
There was recently a MC/HDMC preorder. The HDMC is not out in the wild yet. You can, however, find MC’s in the wild. Their numbers are also somewhat limited, as of yet. Although, not as limited as the HC.
There are a decent number of LC’s out there.
There was a BC preorder that was completed so there is a decent number of them out there.
I’m sure team CPK could tell you the number on each model but the HC is definitely the most limited.

Great pix. I to am new to the cpk experience, waiting for my first to arrive - thanks to the most gracious user here - abbydaddy for the proxy. I'm laughing at your post bout the tek lok bec I had to youtube on how to use it as well. Gracious. i'm gonna contact mash cat to see if they offer a taco shealth. Folks seem to like the company. I have used doug wilson in the past for taso shealths. His are very nice but $$$ and takes a while to get. I like the taco better for carry vs the pancake design.

I to am wondering what next CPK purchase...I have not even got the first one yet. I saw where folks like the HDFK better than their GSO 5.1. I have a GSO and it is nice. Hmmmmm

This forum has cost me $$$ in the last week...thanks to user gusbuster i had to order a darth vader knife bead from a russian seller...then purchased a bad ass cleaver from a croatian knife maker named Dalibor.

Last edited:
Funny story too.

xErhbRZh.jpg

cvSejLsh.jpg

WGBwPBIh.jpg

KPUd1XDh.jpg

yKiCVAqh.jpg

C7hzn47h.jpg

These do.

Thank you morvlorv! If you will take a paper towel with rubbing alcohol, you can get that unfortunate bleed off from around the one screw. With the unbuffed scales, sometimes the locktite wicks and makes it look like that. I promise it didn't when it left here. Sorry!

Those side by side pics are great and along with your comments confirm my belief that the UFK or FK2 or FUK or whatever we are calling it really is the ideal model. As many glowing reviews and as much as I want to like the EDC I just don't think the handle egos work for me. It's decent for the amount of real estate allotted for the handle and for minimal use would be fine but damn the field knife looks sweet!!!

Congrats on your score!

Those side by side pics are great and along with your comments confirm my belief that the UFK or FK2 or FUK or whatever we are calling it really is the ideal model. As many glowing reviews and as much as I want to like the EDC I just don't think the handle egos work for me. It's decent for the amount of real estate allotted for the handle and for minimal use would be fine but damn the field knife looks sweet!!!

Congrats on your score!

Yep, pretty much.
The ergos on the edc do work for me however.
But i do already know the FK2 will by far be my favorite and most used.

Back