My first White River knife

I can't explain how much I like this knife I received today. And the attention to detail, Knife, box, sheath, certificate of authenticity screams quality. It feels very good and secure in the hand. The handle is comfortable and fits perfect into my XL hands with no hot spots.

I am in particular amazed with the sheath and how well the retention and build quality is.
And yes I know paracord is not popular with some. I do have plans to order or make some scales for it down the road if I can find this green color. This will be part of my EDC and used as such.

My only skepticism is the black Ion finish. And that is me being biased because I am generally not a fan of black coated blades as everyone knows all finishes will eventually wear off. Although I think coated blades look great. Especially with Green handles.

I got a good deal on this knife and went out to the park and trimmed hardwood branches growing too close to the benches up to half an inch thick with no issues whatsoever with edge retention, rolling, or hot spots.

I plan on my next purchase being the Firecraft 7 in a few months when I save up the funds and can afford it.

All in all I really like this knife and company.IMG_0127 (2).jpg IMG_0130 (2).jpg IMG_0134 (2).jpg IMG_0129 (2).jpg

I can't explain how much I like this knife I received today. And the attention to detail, Knife, box, sheath, certificate of authenticity screams quality. It feels very good and secure in the hand. The handle is comfortable and fits perfect into my XL hands with no hot spots.

I am in particular amazed with the sheath and how well the retention and build quality is.
And yes I know paracord is not popular with some. I do have plans to order or make some scales for it down the road if I can find this green color. This will be part of my EDC and used as such.

My only skepticism is the black Ion finish. And that is me being biased because I am generally not a fan of black coated blades as everyone knows all finishes will eventually wear off. Although I think coated blades look great. Especially with Green handles.

I got a good deal on this knife and went out to the park and trimmed hardwood branches growing too close to the benches up to half an inch thick with no issues whatsoever with edge retention, rolling, or hot spots.

I plan on my next purchase being the Firecraft 7 in a few months when I save up the funds and can afford it.

All in all I really like this knife and company.View attachment 1531025 View attachment 1531026 View attachment 1531027 View attachment 1531028

It is a great knife. I have backpacker pro and carry is daily. I did however attach a Tek-Lok so it can be put on my belt without having to remove the belt.

I’m liking the black blade on your. Enjoy!

Please pardon the grammar. (Talk to Text)

No worries. I have a southern accent haha. And yet I come from the East.
I used this knife yesterday to clear some hardwood branches around the park benches. Some ranging 1/2 inch thick.
And It was still shaving hair. I did not need to touch up the blade or even use a rod to bring back the edge.

Last edited:
No worries. I have a southern accent haha. And yet I come from the East.
I used this knife yesterday to clear some hardwood branches around the park benches. Some ranging 1/2 inch thick.
And I was still shaving hair. I did not need to touch up the blade or even use a rod to bring back the edge.

I’ve been impressed with it as well. Very comfortable grip. The knife cuts through just about everything and it’s great for food prep!

With your Large hands, I hope you buy a Sendero Classic.....so I don't have to gamble....haha

I've wanted one for years.
Idk why I keep buying Other knives?

I've wanted one for years.
Idk why I keep buying Other knives?
You should try the Sendero Classic. I bought mine a couple of years ago, to be a part of my hand. I carry it every day, and use it even when another might be more practical. Yeah, a $300 box knife. It handles this abuse nicely, and it looks good doing it.

Back