My Great Great Grandaddy's little hammer

Last week my Mom gave me a little hammer that belonged to my Great-Great Grandad who fought in the civil war. Family legend has it that it was made by an Indian, along with a hatchet that my brother has. It's a tiny little thing, maybe a cobbler's hammer? I love the octagonal handle. It's so elegant.
Overall length is 11 1/4". Total weight is just 6 ounces.

Nasty, you can use this one for your small jobs.;)

Steve

HammerOverall.jpg

Head2.jpg

Head1.jpg

Very cool. I love old tools.

Don't waste it on Nasty: it has a claw. He only knows how to use ballpeens.

Very nice Steve...I actually also have hammers from my Dad and Grandfathers.

They were also umm...persuasive.

Nice indeed . It appears that it was nicely blued at one time . Something I have never seen in a hammer . You never know, it could have been a zombie hammer . People were smaller back then ! L:O:L

cool hammer - looks like a farrier's hammer for horseshoe-ing...

That reminds me of the old hatchet I have. It's so old it's had 4 new handles and the head has been replaced twice. Honest.

YOU FOUND IT! - The legendary Excalibhammer, war-hammer of Artur, king of the brits, husband of gwyneffr, father to a murdered son, husb... (oops wrong movie)

the legend states that whosoever weilds excalibhammer shall never be defeated by zombies. it may appear small, but it's power is limitless. forged by elves in immortal wootz, it was made at the beginning of time, and as stated before, the mortal handle has been replaced many times, as has the head, but it still remains the second object of power.

It is the hammer of truth.

The extended muzzle seeks the essence of the facts, chipping away the irrelevant.

The sharply curved claws draw obstacles out of the way.

The octagonal handle illustrates that there are eight ways to see each truth--each viewpoint being valid.

It is the hammer of consternation.

Back