My Koyote just arrived!

The custom knife that I ordered from Christof just arrived a few minutes ago. The knife is the Green River, here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6357458&postcount=14

The knife is so much more awsome looking in person than in the pics. Not only does the knife look amazing, it feels like it would survive being nuked.:D It's about 0.23" thick, and it tapers down to a fine point at the tip. It has some serious heft to it for the size. The cord wrapped handle is comfortable as well. As for the sharpness, it shaved what little hair is left on my arm off. I haven't gotten the chance to use it for anything else yet. I'm as impressed with the sheath as I am with the knife! It's the most solid leather sheath I've ever seen in person, and I really dig the ability to adjust the sheath as to how high or low it rides on the hip. The retention is almost perfect as well. I know the knife isn't going to come out unless I want it to. I wish I could add more to this review but I haven't even had the knife for an hour yet. I might do a follow up review down the road. I would definitly order another knife from Christof. Getting the details for the knife worked out went very smoothly, and he's a great guy to work with.:thumbup:

That poor photo was so bad!

Glad you are liking it, I don't do a lot of flat grinds like that, that one felt really good in the shop working on it. About 3x better than my beater shop knife that it's patterned after :D

Given the 1084 steel, keep REALLY well oiled and don't forget to lock the threads with nail polish or rubber cement on the belt hanger screws when you get them where you want them.

thanks!

Great looking knife! Beware of how sharp it is! I have had them "bite" me and not know it until I notice the blood. And yes, the sheaths are the best in the biz.

Back