My MT-L is back and boy is it cool.

AT LAST.

I was looking forward to these pictures. I´ll have to do some serious thinking when I receive my MT-L (aargh, the wait...).

:D

/Colinz

Zach
I would like to take credit for the idea but I did it on advice from Duane. He told me abou the tech-12 and is great. Hardcore knife with a hardcore coating.

Strider guys are all CLASS

;)

I'm not saying to take your AR apart so don't qoute me, but it really is quite simple to do on your own. Assemble is the same you just have to tweek it a bit to get the liner to lock right and the action to be smooth. I think you could handle it. And if you F**K it up just send to the Strider guys and blame it on me.

Vinnie

Zach, you said that you have a couple of blades on the way back that they left the tiger stripes on. Does that meen that they coated over the stripes, and it will show only through texture, or is it a tiger striped coating from the same company? Please post a pic when one of these come back. Thanks, Reagan

Sox... The tiger stripes are just part of the heat treat the is left after Strider bead blasts the knife... It is not an actual coating...I would think that it will not show thru the overcoat from Bodycoat. In fact they may reblast the knife for adheision?? Spelling is probably off but hope you get my meaning.

VINNIE said to take it apart.... I can see it now a whole week spent putting ARs and GBs and Bucks back together.... LOL

Thanks, I'm not always real clear in my writing. I ment with the coating. He said before that he sent some in for the coating deal, and they will keep the tiger stripes. I was wondering if it is because the original stripes show through under the coating (texture only I'm sure, like a panthers spots), or if a coating version of the tiger stripes is applied? Either way, I would like to see a pic if possable. I love the tiger stripes on my HT, but I will propably mess it up with use, and was thinking this may be a good answer.

Thanks, Reagan

I did send them in and thought the stripes would look cool under the coating. Unfortunately they went through a bad batch and were bead blasted again before recoating.

If you like the tiger stripes Rob has the rights to do them. He uses boron carbide and some other coating to achieve the effect. The effect is very cool and I might have some done like that.

He told me that after coating with BC or Diamond Black DLC you can use the beadblasted areas as a hone for other knives. Try that with any other coating! :eek:

Here is a pic from his sight.

Attachments

• covert02.jpg
    covert02.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 91
Back