My new code 4 (sebenza killer)

That's what SHE SAID!!! :D

I'm not big on the Code 4, but the Ultimate Hunter is another story. I LOVE my Sebenza and I think I will love the UH too when--not if--I finally cave.
I really like my Code 4 spearpoint and edc it more than my Ultimate Hunter. But the UH is an extermely strong lightweight hard use woods knife that has a great blade grind for cutting/slicing and is also a super value for the cost.it might be the one knife I would choose if I could only keep one knife in my collection.

Just got one as well. Was actually looking for a work knife that was comparable to my Seb 21 in cutting performance and similar in carry. And since I had a little Christmas cash..
v0Zq0jD.jpg
[/IMG]

I want one! Especially after just getting my new Recon 1...what a badass lineup of knives!! I'd still take my sebenza over any of them though ;)

I think we should drop them both from 10,000 feet onto concrete and get some definitive results! Who's in? Anybody have a weather balloon? I have a camera! Well it sounded cool anyway....

I think we should drop them both from 10,000 feet onto concrete and get some definitive results! Who's in? Anybody have a weather balloon? I have a camera! Well it sounded cool anyway....

I think the AUS8A version might have survived, but I'd expect both the new CTS-XHP blade and the Sebenza to shatter. It is my understanding that these are hard steels.

Just got one as well. Was actually looking for a work knife that was comparable to my Seb 21 in cutting performance and similar in carry. And since I had a little Christmas cash..
v0Zq0jD.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for that picture. That puts it in perspective nicely. I think of the two I would rather have the Code 4 clip point.

I think the AUS8A version might have survived, but I'd expect both the new CTS-XHP blade and the Sebenza to shatter. It is my understanding that these are hard steels.

I doubt it. That CTS-XHP is tough stuff. 10000 feet and it will still only reach the same velocity as 100 or so feet, about 122 MPH. It might break the tip, though :)

Personally I'm loving my new large double thumb lug Sebenza 21 View attachment 605006, but this thread, with all the love the Code 4 is getting, has me me taking a hard look at getting a tanto bladed Code 4.

v0Zq0jD.jpg
[/IMG]

Love that tandem! oxman198, where did you get your Sebby?

Thanks for that picture. That puts it in perspective nicely. I think of the two I would rather have the Code 4 clip point.

No problem. When I took the picture I had just whipped the Code 4 out of the box, before then I really didn't realize how well the two knives actually compared. Both are extremely practical, useful blades. I love the Sebenza but I have to say that the Code 4 is growing on me more and more as I carry and use it, just like the 21 did when I got it.

Love that tandem! oxman198, where did you get your Sebby?

It was actually a gift from my dad several years ago, prob the best gift I have ever gotten. It will continue to be carried, used, then passed down to my son...when he reaches an age to appreciate (and not lose) it of course. If you are considering the Code 4 I would def say get it, it may be the most practical EDC style blade that Cold Steel has ever produced IMO. Plus with the new steel that is on par with S30V etc, its one of the best deals out there.

I never thought I would ever get an aluminum handled knife, but the code 4 looked so good, I got one also. The scales are grippier than I thought they would be, which for me is a good thing, I don't like slick scales. The knife is beautifully made, and a very good steel. I think this knife is a great value and a very nice looking folder.

Back