My new ESEE 4 wont fit my Tek-Lok, what to use to carry then?

I just received my new ESEE 4 with TKC G10 black grips & love this knife!

I tried attaching my spare Tek-Lok to the kydex sheath & its just a no go.

To me the Tek-Loks are one of the best things to use for any type of belt adapter application.

So what are my options with this ESEE 4?

I just got my Esee 4 three days ago with the Tek-Lok and thought the same thing at first but it DOES work. Here's what does work and doesn't work, using the provided screws and washers. First, what DOES work is attach the Lok to the Blade side of the sheath, not the spine side. ONLY 2 screws will attach, the Lok is too narrow to go all the way across BUT THAT'S OK. If you read similar posts they all will say the same thing. I know it might be kind of weird but it works great, VERY secure and stable, plenty strong. You'll get used to it. ALSO you have to remove the top sheath screw which happens to be the tension screw for the sheath because that hole has to be used for the top hole of the Tek-Lok to attach to the sheath. This will again engage the tensioner and it works great. If you try attaching the Lok using the rubber washers, it won't work, the screws are too short. If you try attaching to the SPINE side of the sheath it will go but it will stand off at a funny angle. IF you want to attach to the spine side of the sheath and use the washers you'll have to buy longer screws but that works. You'll probably have to get 3/8 inch screws, anything longer will stick through too far. SO if you try option number one though it will work great. I love mine, DON'T GIVE UP!!

you can use 550 cord to make belt loops.

however the Tek Lok should work. seen pix of plenty mounted that way... unless you have a small version. IIRC, the holes are spaced for the large version.

you can use 550 cord to make belt loops.

however the Tek Lok should work. seen pix of plenty mounted that way... unless you have a small version. IIRC, the holes are spaced for the large version.

+1, The 550 cord with a cord lock is a winner for me. I've been carrying my 4 like that for months. It's solid.

God bless,
Adam
+2 for the paracord. Simple and easy to remove. Also easily replaceable.
The 6 is the only one I don't like with the paracord. I find that the handle sits to high and makes drawing/resheathing awkward. I built a MOLLE back but the material is thin with no rigidity so I'm gonna have to buy the proper one.

I'll be going the Tek-loc route soon. It just seems like it would be more secure and it's only $12

I'll be going the Tek-loc route soon. It just seems like it would be more secure and it's only $12

the 550 isn't as bulky at the Tek Loks. not a problem on a duty belt, but could be for EDC.

i've got a nice custom with a 2 7/8" blade and 4" handle (roughly the size of a 3) that i wear horizontally on the left side at 9:00 with 550 thru the eyelets in the sheath. it's knotted with a water knot. need to retie it as a double water knot i guess, but it hasn't gone anywhere. i wear my shirt untucked over it, so the slimmer profile is nice, but the Glock 19 hides well on the other side, sooo it's all relative.

the Tek Loks have a definite advantage in being to put them aon and take them off the belt without unthreading/rethreading the belt thru all the loops.

Anyone have a pic of the 550 method? Can that be used with the IZULA? I have the tek-loc and like it but wouldn't mind a less bulky option. I was going to try the IZULA in the horizontal position on the tek-loc for easier draw. Thanks.

para cord. For me the tek lock is just to up and down ,when u use the cord it allows to move handle fwd or backwords when sitting or crouching

4160816236_73ee984d4e_z.jpg

3996266236_33cd9dacbf_z.jpg

4478384467_24b9840c4e_z.jpg

Sorry about the blank post my phone decided to take a dump on me for the last 15min

Ok after some cussing and having to go out in the 20 degrees outside so the steam can exit my ears properly I think I figured it out

Back