My new fixture

I made a new fixture this weekend and I thought it would be fun (for me) to see if you guys could guess what im using it for. It is 1.5" high x 2.5" x 3.5" There are a few uses for it but the first person to figure out the main reason will get a really nice set of spalted maple scales.
Maybe you'll come up with another use.
fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

UM, drilling trough handle/scales for corby or pins? Also looks like a precision tooling vice would almost fit in it.

Last edited:
Belt Grinder attachment that allows you to grind with your belt down the center and square up the piece being ground against the side wall to establish a 90 degree angle. It is attached, somehow, from behind. ???

Looks like it could be used to mill folder liners. You know, to relieve the liners around the pins for the tang doesn't rub, kinda thingie.

Right?

I think you use it to grind concave chamfers,
-There is a 2" inside width for a belt.
-The out of place grind marks on the inside match up with a 8 or 10" wheel.

There is those 2 holes in the sides, so I assume it is to be used with t-nuts, so I am not sure.

x2 on the belt guide. It can get pretty frustrating to have the belt move from side to side as you're dragging your blade across it. Comes from behind the platen. Kind of saddles it.

Anyway, sure seems like something to do with the belt grinder.

When are you going to reveal your secret?

There were some interesting ideas but no one has got it yet. If no one gets it by tonight around 9 pm, I'll post what it is.
Think simpler. It's not used on my belt grinder.

90 degree on the small wheel guide?

My 2 year old said "uhhh...I dont know."

C'mon guy's its obvious it used to connect the cockeye to the canooter valve.

I have no ideal what it is, but if you would make about 3 slots on the side out of a little thinner alumium, it sure would make a fine thing to drill holes in liners of a slip joint knife with the scales already on the liners. You could use spring clamps and clamp the liner under the bottom. You are good at fixing machinery.

Larry Jones

Back