My New Sebenza

Hey guys,
I just got my first Sebenza in the mail today. The only way I can describe it is beauty through simplicity and grace. Pictures can't ever really do these things justice. The ribbed edges on the ti handles not only add to the grip but to the eye pleasing factor as well. Mine is a lefty. Though I am a righty. I like the pocket clip and lock on the lefty side. Gotta get a ambidexterous thumb stud put on it though. Then I will have all the knife I need. I will add a picture of it to my knives ablum later. The blade is satin on the bevel and stone washed I think on the flat portion of the blade. I just can't imagine ever going without this knife. I want more. But I just can't say enough nice things about this knife. You can tell that it is the end product of a man who intended to create the worlds finest folding knife. Thank you CRK.
View

View

------------------
Check out my albums for cool knife pictures.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/albumList?u=879893&Auth=false

[This message has been edited by Ryu (edited 05-19-2001).]

Ryu, if you like the folders you really owe it to yourself to try a one piece.... the execution of the knife and the finish is unlike what you are used to from your favorite manufacturer, a truly well thought out product and delightful experience... welcome aboard
smile.gif

------------------
If You Abide in Him then,"All His Promises are YES and AMEN"

My favorite manufacturer LOL. I guess I do come off as a fanatic sometimes huh Paul. I choose that manufaturer cause they make knives I like and back them up with one hell of a garauntee. Much like CRK. I have to say I have my favorite chopper already in my collection, However, that 9" Kathathu looks mighty tempting as a fighter. Bet once you unscrewed the end cap and secured it to the end of a wooden shaft it would make one damn fine spear. Might have to secure one. Anyone know if they are limited in number or will I be able to get one in six to eight months when I pay my new Fourwheeler off?

Congrats Ryu, they are nice!

As to the double thumb stud, I believe that Chris Reeve Knives press fits them into the blade so you would have to return the knife for a change out....but a word of caution, the double stud can catch on your pocket and open the knife at an inopportune time, not always but it has been known to happen. On my wood inlay there are the double thumb studs but I never seem to need to use the one on the back side and on my other Sebenzas that don't have them...I don't miss it and wouldn't trouble myself to have it installed...jmho...
wink.gif

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

I am begining to see that a lefty sebie can't be used very well by a righty person. i will offer it up for an even trade on the for sale forum for a righty and see if that will be better.

Ryu, the 9 inch kathathu's were limited editions (60 or so) and last I heard Dennis Wright had a few.... I would get a deposit down on one if you like 'em ... you don't see them used often...
biggrin.gif
Ryu, what on earth would a right handed guy buy a left handed knife for? is that not like you buying a "medium" sized t-shirt? WHY?
biggrin.gif

------------------
If You Abide in Him then,"All His Promises are YES and AMEN"

I like the pocket clip and locking mech on the lefty side. But the thing is so exactly machined that the knife design won't work that way. I should have known. It's only a minor setback though. Any of you guys want a lefty for a righty let me know.

Back