My new Trailmaster

There is much erroneous information on the internet across the board. A lot of BS gets parroted so much, that all of a sudden it becomes "fact". I get some big chuckles out of some of the internet kydex tutorials. The main reason production was changed to Taiwan was because of lost sales from the stigma of having China on the blade. Many people refused to even try them. If you check on posts from people who actually used them, you'll find that the performance was excellent. I did some significant real world testing myself, and was very impressed on all accounts. All the non using idiots complained so much that production was moved to Taiwan, with a resulting increase in price. I'm still laughing about that one too. Nothing wrong with any of the "China Dolls". Check post #12.

Mike,I had a good laugh.Good thing I have a bunch of china dolls,when nobody wanted them.

I miss mine. I owned a Carbon IV Trail master as well. I got rid of mine and I wish that I hadn't now. Nice pick up. :thumbup:

I find this information very interesting. Leaving aside the question of quality, as obviously experienced people feel that the quality was not diminished by manufacture in China, it is
remarkable that Cold Steel listened to the customers and shifted production to Taiwan.
To me that's as if, hypothetically, many CS customers said "We hate Kraton" and they changed the handle material.

Back