My newest Mistress is a stripper!

Wow, that looks nice, including the micarta!

I should probably do that to my BWM CF - it's an early CF model with lots of decarb, and looks like a brown-spotted dog (because of the rust). Funny thing is, it might be the sharpest Busse I own, with an incredibly sharp zero edge - I hate to screw up the edge refinishing it.

The BWM CG (like clampdaddy's) and the BWM CF have a convex grind.
Mine has a convexed primary grind bit the actual edge is a v-bevel grind. I sure wish it had the full convex treatment your blade got. I try to blast from the spine toward the edge so the media flows past the edge instead of crashing into it. It still dulls the knife a bit but not near as bad as the first few I did. Usually a few minutes on a ceramic rod brings them back.

The Skinny Ash has a pretty stout full convex grind, with a regular V edge. Sturdy but maybe too thick behind the edge. I traded mine because of the thickness behind the edge made it wedge when cutting. I did love the light weight!

The Skinny Ash has a pretty stout full convex grind, with a regular V edge. Sturdy but maybe too thick behind the edge. I traded mine because of the thickness behind the edge made it wedge when cutting. I did love the light weight!
That would be an accurate description of how this one is ground.

Always!!!

There have been some occasional models in the Busseverse with 'zero-edge' convex grinds; ie no V edge grind, but convex all the way down. Seek and ye shall find, my piglet.
If I do end up keeping this one, that is how it will end up. I love it but my stack of "keepers" is getting to be way larger than my actual knife usage calls for. Lol!

Back