My newest toy, a straight handled BA!

Since it's a bit boring here at the moment, and not much is going on, I thought I would post a picture of my latest buy. (trying to build my collection back up!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• shba.jpg
    shba.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 173
Wilco,
Nice find:) I may be forced to get one of those myself at some point. How thick is it?

Nick

~Nuclear INFIdel and Aspiring INFI Hog~
pubimage.asp

5/16 I believe, but will have to measure to make 100% sure.....

Is there a big difference between the two?

the gentleman I bought it from bought it new from Busse and told me it is INFI.....I got an incredible deal on it, I'm surprised he took my offer, but the Bill man/Tax man cometh as people say...

By the looks of it then, you have one of the first INFI BA's. If it's 5/16", then even cooler :cool:

Wilco,
That is truly a great looking piece.
It is definately a classic Busse.

Congrats Wilco, That's a beautiful piece.

I feel much better now, I saw that one and thought looooooooooong and haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrddd about pulling the trigger on it but I'm glad you are rebuilding your collection AND got a sweet deal on it!!! Plus I've been finding to many good deals lately, I need to pass on more of them.

BTW I think that one will turn out to be INFI. I have a 5/16 A2 and a 1/4 INFI SH-BA and I have noticed on mine and others that if you look at the line of the grind just in front of the talon hole, if it is a curved line it has been my observation that it is INFI and if it is a straight vertical line , then it is A2. Yours curves toward the tip.

Someone may come along and correct me on this but it seems to work as a decent rule of thumb on the BA.

Warning! You are at the point of no return do not
proceed any further!!!:D Nice blade Wilco!

Back