My Rat bit my buddy

Last night I was coaching my daughters lacrosse team. Buddy and also a coach (knows I usually have an edc) asks if I have a knife for an equipment issue.
I give him the Rat2 which I just got delivered 1 hour earlier...
Next scene: I am helping him put pressure on and bandage a bleeding rat bite. He starts busting on me for having such a sharp knife. I just had to remind him he asked me for the knife.... , and apparently needed rudimentary lessons on not putting the sharp end against your skin.
::cool:

Last edited:
Why do people (especially non-knife people) expect a knife to be anything but sharp?

That's one of the main reasons I no longer let non knife people use or touch my knife, I'm more worried about my blade being damaged instead of them being cut.

If I have never seen them carrying their own knife then they are not worthy of borrowing my knife.

It could of been much more worse for OP if his brand new RAT 2 got damaged.

Last edited:
You should have said "Hold on! I gotta take a picture of this!" :)

At least it wasn't a chainsaw...I know few people who wonder why I wince and stay WAY BACK when they are running theirs when I see them almost cut their arms and legs off...

Wait...... I thought a dull knife was more dangerous than a sharp one? This saying only holds true for those with an ounce of common sense. Maybe before you let someone use it tell them you keep your knives razor sharp. I tell them exactly that, then hold out my forearm and proceed to show them I'm deadly serious by shaving some hair off. When they ask "Why is it that sharp?"? I say, "What use is a dull knife, you did need to cut something right?"? My other favorite is "You treat every gun as loaded and every knife as sharp, a lack of respect for either could hurt or kill you. Or worse, someone else.".

Back