My review of the Benchmade/A.G Russell Gent folder

I received my Benchmade/A.G.Russell Gent folder model # 332 last week and have been using this little gem since, so I thought I'd post my review of it.

For those who have not seen it, it looks like this:

be332agr.jpg

Pic is from A.G. Russell knives.

When I first saw the knife in A.G. Russell's catalogue, it remided me of the Benchmade/Pardue model 330 with the G-10 scales and spacer, but it has several differences:
First, it has a wharncliffe blade of about 2.5 inches long, 154CM steel. Second, the liners are titanium, but have a bead blast finish, unlike the orange peel finish on the 330. Also, the G-10 scales have a more round shape towards the pivot pin and last, unlike the model 330, this one has a pocket clip.

The pocket clip is the same shape as the one used on the Benchmade/Elishewitz model 690, but has a bead blast finish and is positioned at the butt end of the knife. This is the very first time I've seen Benchmade linerlock style knife designed for tip up carry. The knife rides very well when clipped to the pocket, or you can also use it as a money clip.

So far, I've used the knife to open packages, cut loose string from clothing, peel fruit, cut price tags off of new clothing, open mail, cut newspaper articles, basically all the things a gentleman's folder could be used for and the edge is still shaving sharp.

I liked the model 330, but I like the model 332 even more and I can't really say there's anything I don't like about it, although it would be very cool to see a larger version of this knife. In my opinion, this is a great little knife to carry at the office or church or anywhere for that matter.

Back