My shooting video

I figure a lot of people on this board will appreciate this, but I wasn't sure where to post it. Hopefully a few appreciative souls will stumble upon it here. Anyway, point your browswer to http://www.rahul.net/brett/pics/shoot3.mpg and enjoy. You'll need mpeg playback capability to watch it.

The video was shot years ago at an outdoor range north of Los Angeles. I don't think it was my wife's first time to use a gun, but it was close. The guns are a .22, a .357 Magnum, and the star of the show, a single-shot 7mm-08 monster pistol.

-Brett

Great video Brett! I especially liked the way you ended it. Nice touch.
BTW, that looks suspiciously like a place I used to go to every so often up at the end of Cajon Pass north of San Bernadino. Am I close?

------------------
Tráceme no sin la razón, envoltura mi no sin honor

Nope, the location is in Angeles Forest. You take hwy 2 (Angeles Crest) north for a while, turn left on Angeles Forest, and after several miles there's a sign indicating an outdoor shooting range down a road to the right. The sign states you can only shoot manufactured targets, but the place is just totally littered with stuff that people have taken to shoot: televisions, air cylinders, dolls, engine parts, tires, etc. The ground is covered by an amazing number of empty shells. Friends of mine have reported being there when others were shooting fully automatic rifles, but I haven't seen that.

This was actually my first video editing project. I converted the video from 8mm to miniDV, imported it into Adobe Premiere, and edited it down to the key shots. I had fun adding the slow-mo and final reverse shot, too. Thanks for the praise.

-Brett

Back