My temporary resignation from knife purchasing. (Very temporary... ^_~)

Time to put these knives to use! Then you will have a better idea of what you want for your next wave of purchases.

Yep, I tend to say that every month or so myself. Like 22-rimfire, I to just got the Bobcat email so.......
I have not spent the money on the BRKT Bobcat (yet). I think it would really work for my "little fixed blade", but then, I have a couple Doziers that work also and are pretty small. That is what's holding me back. There really aren't that many Bark River knives that simply grab me with pictures, but that Bobcat does. It is a Loveless style hunting type knife with a very thin blade in CPM-154 which is good steel for a non-hard use knife or and edc type carry.

We've all quit that job a time or two. Sustenance requires another at some point, at least I've found it to be.

Save up for one of these.

1888e7802358d62ceb332a1475d9897c.jpg

That looks like something I need.

I've temporarily stopped buying knives and bicycle parts.
I'm saving up for the soon to be created (Traditional) Blade Forums knife.
A Buck 301 from the Buck Custom Shop ... (not a normal Custom Shop offering)
Polls will soon be had to decide blade steel, brass or nickel silver bolsters, 2 or 3 blades, covers, shield, tang stamp or etch or engraving (which options depend on the blade steel elected) ... :)

I have the Cabelas version of the Buck 192 Vanguard which is a little more expensive than your typical 192. Good easy to carry knife hunting or out hiking for general use. I really like the bottom guard. (Sparkly, looks like you looked up the Bobcat at KSF.) ;)

I was about to say that next time you get a new knife, get a fixed blade but you seemed to get the idea already.

Well, you fit in around here just fine.
I limit myself to buying knives only at certain times of the year. The hunt for one is always on, everyday and night.

I'm on a temporary hiatus as well, but that's because I want to buy a new truck in October, so yeah, more money saved between now and then will equal lower payments, which will equal more knives after... delayed gratification...

Nice little collection though. Agree that it is still missing a fixed blade, maybe a Buck 102 woodsman in 5160 steel?

Great bunch of folders that should serve you well.
I've quit buying knives many times over the years. I finally came to peace with the idea of just cutting back.

I'm on a temporary hiatus as well, but that's because I want to buy a new truck in October, so yeah, more money saved between now and then will equal lower payments, which will equal more knives after... delayed gratification...
Good approach. I did the new truck thing in December. Now I'm selling guns to reduce and eventually pay off the principal. Payments come out of regular monthly income. Maybe I should pick up some nickels and dimes selling knives too? The goal is to have it paid off inside a year. Payments are huge.

Back