My very first CRK knife!

Belly

Gold Member
After being a knife user/collector for over 35 years, I have finally purchased a CRK knife - a tanto, PJ, glass blasted Inkosi. I have avoided buying one for 25+ years just because of the price. I was happy with all my other brands, and just didn’t want to spend the money. But recently I got the itch, and I finally got one. I find it odd it took me so long, since I’ve been a super knife nut for decades.

It’s really nice. Very nice, luxurious in a way. I’m quite pleased with it. It is very close to many of my ZT’s in terms of quality and durability. I’m still in the honeymoon phase so I don’t want to ding it up yet, but I will eventually. The next thing is to see if I’ll want more! Hope not, but history says I will. We will see.

Still a huge Spyderco fan, along with my many Benchmades, Microtechs, William Henry, Victorinox, and a few others. I do miss being able to flick the knife open, but I’ll always rotate my edc anyway.

But the Inkosi is exquisite!

The Inkosi is a great knife, and a PJ tanto especially awesome.
Good choice!

I’m primarily a Spyderco/CRK/Microtech guy also, with a few other randoms thrown in.

After being a knife user/collector for over 35 years, I have finally purchased a CRK knife - a tanto, PJ, glass blasted Inkosi. I have avoided buying one for 25+ years just because of the price. I was happy with all my other brands, and just didn’t want to spend the money. But recently I got the itch, and I finally got one. I find it odd it took me so long, since I’ve been a super knife nut for decades.

It’s really nice. Very nice, luxurious in a way. I’m quite pleased with it. It is very close to many of my ZT’s in terms of quality and durability. I’m still in the honeymoon phase so I don’t want to ding it up yet, but I will eventually. The next thing is to see if I’ll want more! Hope not, but history says I will. We will see.
Welcome to the club. Dont get too addicted.

I’d say it’s now time to put it to work and see how that glass blast holds up.

Amen, the sticker price shocked me too back then. Whats even more shocking was how much the prices gone up and especially the cost to replace the small insingo 21 user I let go back in 2019. But buy once cry once! Unless you love these things, then its just the price of doing business.

So true…l’m already looking at another Inkosi with some inlays and the more traditional drop point blade.

I have been carrying a small Sebenza with natural micarta inserts for over a year. Comparing the wear I have to what I see on the PJ’s, I think it helps with the trails (if you don’t particularly like the wear to show but some do like it)
Either way, congratulations and hold on to yer wallet

B Belly , I’m singing that same song. Though I’ve only been ‘collecting’ for about a year and a half, I’ve been carrying a SAK or two for over 40 years, not counting the scout knives I had way, way back. Otherwise my situation is about the same. I kind of mitigated the circumstances by buying used off the exchange, so my story is that I saved about as much as I’d have spent on one of my usual purchases. That sounds about right, right? 😁

Back