My Warranty-the best in the world...

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
It is my goal to have the best warranty of any knife you own. I already have the best customers in the world, I want to give back to all of you with the best warranty in the world.

To that end, this is my warranty:
If it breaks I will repair or replace it at no cost, for as long as I'm making knives.* No matter what.* The guarantee follows the knife.* I don't care if you're the fourth owner, the knife is still covered.* If it has my signature on the blade, it's covered.

Some people have criticized me for having such a lax warranty. They say I'll lose money. That my customers will abuse the system. I don't think so. I want my customers to feel like they can use their knives without fear. The name of my company isn't Evans Knife and Safe Queens. My knives are designed to be tools and to be used. I want you to have the confidence to use them and know that no matter what, I and my knives have your back.

That being said, please don't be dumb. Don't pry with a knife. It's a cutting instrument. If you need to cut apart a car or bust a cinder block, get a Hurst tool or cold chisel, don't use one of my knives. However, if you find yourself in a car that has been buried under a pile of cinder blocks and your leg is pinned, pry, cut, and bust away. Know that I'll take care of your knife. And know that you have some serious explaining to do as to how you find yourself in that situation. Which brings me to my next point.......

If you have a cool story/scar about how you broke your knife, I'd love to hear it. Hell, post it up even. If you were being dumb, I still want to hear about it. If you were being a downright idiot, I definitely want to hear about it, but fair warning, I may make fun of you. I'll still replace the knife, don't worry about that. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Bottom line. Use your knife. I'll take care of it if it ever doesn't take of you.

Thanks for being the best part of Evans Knife and Tool.

Don't pry with a knife. It's a cutting instrument. If you need to cut apart a car or bust a cinder block, get a Hurst tool or cold chisel, don't use one of my knives. However, if you find yourself in a car that has been buried under a pile of cinder blocks and your leg is pinned, pry, cut, and bust away. Know that I'll take care of your knife. And know that you have some serious explaining to do as to how you find yourself in that situation. Which brings me to my next point.......

If you have a cool story/scar about how you broke your knife, I'd love to hear it. Hell, post it up even. If you were being dumb, I still want to hear about it. If you were being a downright idiot, I definitely want to hear about it, but fair warning, I may make fun of you. I'll still replace the knife, don't worry about that. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Bottom line. Use your knife. I'll take care of it if it ever doesn't take of you.

Thanks for being the best part of Evans Knife and Tool.

:thumbup: This part of your Warranty is AWESOME….and works just fine for me!!

So looking forward to my first Brian Evans Knife!!

Jack, I'm not a full time knifemaker. I'm a paramedic by trade. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING paramedic proof. Only paramedic resistant.

I had a fire chief once that had an interesting way to put it. He called it f-ing magic. It goes like this. Take a firefighter (or a medic, or a cop, etc.) and two bowling balls. Lock them in a padded room for 24 hours. At the end of 24 hours one ball will be missing, the other will be broken, and the firefighter (medic, cop, etc) will have no idea how it happened. That's f-ing magic.

I warranty my knives against f-ing magic, because I hang around guys who beat the living hell out of their tools and their bodies all day long. My personal and professional tools have to work every. single. time. without fail. I expect my knives to do the same. You probably won't ever need any of my knives to save a life or dig an escape tunnel or fend off an attack by rabid ferrets. But if you ever find yourself backed into a corner surrounded by weasels, I don't want you to be afraid to use an Evans Knife and Tool knife.

THAT is why my warranty is what it is. I'd say "Warrantied against f-ing magic." but that isn't as catchy......

Your warranty is fantastic! Glad to hear you have a service background too, proud to support that. :)

Wow, doesn't get any simpler or better than that. I can't wait to get my hands on my knife!

Fantastic warranty I must say. But I have one question!

Have you ever pushed the knife to breaking? I know all of cold steel knives have their 'wow look how much this bends/slashes/smashes/cuts this pig up' video. I'm just wondering if you or anyone has got the knife (I know it's sacralidge) and beaten the hell out of it to breaking point?
Just curious :D

Fantastic warranty I must say. But I have one question!

Have you ever pushed the knife to breaking? I know all of cold steel knives have their 'wow look how much this bends/slashes/smashes/cuts this pig up' video. I'm just wondering if you or anyone has got the knife (I know it's sacralidge) and beaten the hell out of it to breaking point?
Just curious :D

It didn't break, but it's still pretty abusive......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCJefcu5wLM

The famous "Batoning" video. That's awesome.

The famous "Batoning" video. That's awesome.
I have to find a bigger sledge next time.

By the way, that knife got turned into my personal snub nosed rescue knife. You know, the one I carry on duty. That's how much I trust my tools. I beat on it and it STILL got put into critical duty. It's been used on several calls so far and still going strong!

Nice! I a few months ago I attempted to baton an opinel through a piece of pallet. It didn't make it!

I can't wait to get my mitts on one!

Back