My wire skinning knife I made

I am a lineman and I needed a knife to skin wire with. So I made this. It is 01 Tool Steel with 416 stainless steel bolsters and pins and handle is made from some old work pants. Overall length 6 1/8 inches.

IMG_0448.jpg

Very nice job! Looks like a really great little knife. I love the blade shape:thumbup:

Nice quality, both knife and sheath. Looks useful, ergonomic, and dress presentable.

Well done!

Coop

Very nice. :thumbup:

What are the handles made of? "Old work pants"??
Did you make "micarta" with them or what? :)

Again, great looking knife.

Yes I make homemade micarta or whatever it's called. It's fairly simple to make.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Yes I make homemade micarta or whatever it's called. It's fairly simple to make.

Thanks for all the positive comments.
Thanks for the info, I was just curious. :thumbup:
Once again, great looking knife and workmanship. :)

awesome knife man. im an apprentice myself. hows the skinning compared to our curved blades?.. and if you would ever consider making one to sell, id be verrrry interested in working something out... again, very nice work.

-chris

That is a very nice looking piece. It looks as though it would be very comfortable and secure in the hand. Have you made other knives? This has a lot of matched curves and detail.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Wow! What a beautiful working knife. Anyone would be proud to own/use that. One of my favorite blade styles also. Thanks for showing it.
Paul

Back