Myto

molletta

Gold Member
122721038_2319027721575072_3883698312752479869_o.jpg

Very sexy knife and I don't even like frame locks!

I think the jacks look great as well. Keep it up lionSTEEL!

Nice piece of folder, but I will not be one of the owners....I don't like the removable flipper....if a blade with solid flipper will come available so I will buy one immediately!!

Nice looking but it’s a bit too long for me. I also don’t care for being dependent on the flipper only. I’m not a flipper guy.

Add a thumbstud that can be removed if the user desires.

Nice looking but it’s a bit too long for me. I also don’t care for being dependent on the flipper only. I’m not a flipper guy.

....Just remember that every hole or opening on the main shape of the blade offers a fragile point (crack start) in case of hard mechanical use.

A few days ago the product was available on your website, but now I can't find any reference to it anymore, it even disappeared from the menu, is it because you're out of stock?

You might like their T.R.E. then, it has a removable flipper tab as well as a removable thumb stud. That's a model that I've been very tempted to buy for a while.

Judging by the history of "molletta editions" you are a huge fan of K390 steel. Why? What makes it better than M390? thanks.

M390 is a good steel especially with secondary hardening. Lionsteel M390 have this HT. If you need a good corrosion resitance this is for you.
If corrosion resistance is not a problem for you and like patina on blade. K390 is better in all aspects.

You might like their T.R.E. then, it has a removable flipper tab as well as a removable thumb stud. That's a model that I've been very tempted to buy for a while.

I do have a TRE, and it’s a nice knife. On it though, I find the thumb disc a bit too small and kinda hard to get at. Needs to be a little more forward. That’s me though. Arthritic hands.

can we get another picture? the link doesn't work for me, for whatever reason

EDIT: never mind, found pics of Mr. molletta's new creation elsewhere

Have any of your Canadian dealers taken delivery of any of these yet?

Have you shipped these to any of your Canadian dealers yet??

The standard M390 is in stores. I think also in Canada. The k390 version is unavailable in store.

I have the Myto with a micarta handle. I like it - good size, versatile blade shape, robust but light, well made, simple classic design, comfortable in the hand, deep-carry straight clip looks like you're carrying a pen rather than a knife.

Not so good aspects:
- Like most Lionsteel folders, it's pretty thick behind the edge. Will probably need to thin / contour the edge to make it really perform.
- The flipper design is not great. Have to remember to use the meaty pad of my finger, not the bony tip, otherwise it can be quite uncomfortable. I actually prefer it without the flipper - you have more versatility in the grip, and I'll probably carry it mainly as a companion knife to a large fixed blade, rather than an EDC, so I don't need fast deployment.

The weird part - there are internal lightening pockets milled into the micarta. I don't know why, as the weight saving would be miniscule. Perhaps they just didn't bother updating the milling program from the one used for the titanium scale? The milled scale doesn't feel particularly fragile, but I would have more confidence in it if it was just a solid slab of micarta.

Last edited:
bought two of these....it's an odd knife in the respect that it's not one I would think I would always reach for, but it is. it's really light for its size, crazy comfortable in the hand, and I'm not afraid to go at anything, considering the blade / tip thickness, and lock up. it's not "fun" to flip, almost a deliberate and business like opening, but I don't seem to care. the double row of bearings are VERY stable. What keeps it from flipping fast is blade weight and a small flipper. at the price point it's impossible to find faults. incredible amount of thought went into this knife. the 390 is every bit of 390. set aside time to sharpen it, but you make up the time by not needing to sharpen for a long time. great finish on Ti and blade and none of that gaudy billboarding you find on clips and blades made by (cough) USA manufactures. you can buy two of these (and keep $100 in your pocket) for less than the cost of one USA made Ti frame lock, and no lock rock here.

The standard M390 is in stores. I think also in Canada. The k390 version is unavailable in store.

Are you able to confirm that you’ve shipped the Myto to any of your dealers in Canada?

There is at least one dealer in Canada showing the Myto on their website, but when I inquired if it was really in stock and ready to ship, they didn’t respond, which leads me to believe it’s not.

A real ETA would be appreciated !!

Back