Name of this kind of sword?

This sword is made by a company but i was wondering what the name of this style of
il_794xN.1777943293_s8ay.jpg
sword is normally.

Fantasy wall hanger. :cool:
That sword is actually like 600$ made by a forge lol. It is 1095 carbon colored steel and is said to be battle ready. Not sure how true it is but i like it XD but not for 600$. I mean do you happen to know the style of sword? it looks like a fantasy bastard sword kinda?

That sword is actually like 600$ made by a forge lol. It is 1095 carbon colored steel and is said to be battle ready. Not sure how true it is but i like it XD but not for 600$. I mean do you happen to know the style of sword? it looks like a fantasy bastard sword kinda?

It's a fantasy wall hanger made out of 1095, then. I doubt it is based on a sword readily identified by Oakeshott typology, it's just a fantasy bastard sword as you say.

Hey R Reptaronice1 ,

I've seen you start several threads asking about swords today and am glad you are taking an interest in collecting cutlery. I am not a sword expert however I must agree that the sword pictured above appears to be nothing more than a mass-produced decorative piece. I doubt it will be "battle ready" as advertised and urge caution if you attempt to use it.

If you are really interested in learning about swords I suggest you look up Albion Swords Ltd.; their website has some good information about the origin and typology of the swords they produce. Also look up the Scholagladiatoria youtube channel, or any number of other channels run by collectors or instructors. Hopefully somebody else who is more knowledgeable can recommend additional sources.

Hey R Reptaronice1 ,

I've seen you start several threads asking about swords today and am glad you are taking an interest in collecting cutlery. I am not a sword expert however I must agree that the sword pictured above appears to be nothing more than a mass-produced decorative piece. I doubt it will be "battle ready" as advertised and urge caution if you attempt to use it.

If you are really interested in learning about swords I suggest you look up Albion Swords Ltd.; their website has some good information about the origin and typology of the swords they produce. Also look up the Scholagladiatoria youtube channel, or any number of other channels run by collectors or instructors. Hopefully somebody else who is more knowledgeable can recommend additional sources.
Thank you so much for the comment! :) I will definetly check that out. The shop that makes it is a forge so id hope they really are forging it but you cant really tell unless you know the person well so it is kinda a trust factor lol.

could you explain to me a bit what is Oakeshott typology? Im curios now.

Oakeshott typology is named after Ewart Oakeshott, who was a collector and historian of medieval arms and armor. It is a classification system for medieval European swords based on hilt, pommel, and blade shapes that expanded on an earlier system for classifying Dark Ages/Low Middle Ages Viking swords. It's a cool read.

Oakeshott typology is named after Ewart Oakeshott, who was a collector and historian of medieval arms and armor. It is a classification system for medieval European swords based on hilt, pommel, and blade shapes that expanded on an earlier system for classifying Dark Ages/Low Middle Ages Viking swords. It's a cool read.
Awesome thanks! im gonna check that out. I love asian swords and european

a
are you good at identifying knives?

Seriously, madcap_magician madcap_magician pointed you in the right direction with Oakeshott's sword type reference.

If you're interested in real swords at value prices check out Ronin Katana's Medieval line and Kult of Athena. Albion is the shiznit, but expensive and a 1yr. plus wait.

Seriously, madcap_magician madcap_magician pointed you in the right direction with Oakeshott's sword type reference.

If you're interested in real swords at value prices check out Ronin Katana's Medieval line and Kult of Athena. Albion is the shiznit, but expensive and a 1yr. plus wait.
cool thx! i always look at KOA just pricy stuff

We need to caveat your use of the word “real” for the OP.....

A fantasy sword can be real; just because it is not based on an historical model or style doesn’t mean it’s not a functional sword.

OP, you need to check out the Sword Buyer’s Guide for some good information. They also have a store.

We need to caveat your use of the word “real” for the OP.....

A fantasy sword can be real; just because it is not based on an historical model or style doesn’t mean it’s not a functional sword.

OP, you need to check out the Sword Buyer’s Guide for some good information. They also have a store.
True, there's a few smiths and companies that make and sell functional fantasy themed swords, but they're usually MUCH more expensive than the value brand historical/historical inspired swords.

Back