Name this PAL pattern. Please...

Bob W

Basic Member
This was my Grandfather's knife from PAL Cutlery. Trouble is I've never known what to call it. My best guess is "Equal-end Whittler Jack." :eek:

Anyone know the real pattern name? Two blades, a spear point and pen blade. Overall length, 3-3/8". No pattern number or markings other than the PAL CUTLERY CO - MADE IN USA tang stamp.

PALCutlery.jpg

Yep, equal end jack is what I see that most often called in reference books.

It's similar to a Remington R2505.

Case referances this as a two blade pattern #55 somtimes called a small cigar or senator with a spear blade and a equal end jack with a clip main blade.

I recall an old article in Knife World by Joe Seale that pictured that pattern. He called it a cigar jack.

Hope that helped.

If the status is determined by voting, then "Equal-end Jack" it is. ;)

"Cigar Jack" makes sense too, although it's smaller than the current-production cigar knives I'm thinking of. "Small Cigar Jack" would be a match.

With the current "Whittler" topic, I guess I was hoping for this to be some sort of whittler. Wishing something doesn't make it true though. :D

I'd almost buy "Senator", but the knife is a bit bulkier than most gentlemen's knives, and most Senators have blades on both ends. This knife was definitely someone's EDC work knife, not a going-to-town dress knife.

Thanks everyone!
-Bob

Back