Nathawut Pivots..

Did it come with the pivot screw all chewed up?

~Chip

Yes, I don’t care though. Everything being done to it was shown to me step by step. So i knew it was going to come to me like that. He offered to make me a new unmarred pivot while building it but I told him I didn’t care as i intended the knife to be a user.

Just hit that pivot screw on a file, and then some 320 grit, and finer until it cleans up. Easy to do. The 7V I got pre-owned came all chewed like that and I cleaned it up perfectly. All the frame screws were chewed so I filed and brushed them too.

It's my biggest peeve when buying a preowned knife: chewed pivot and frame screws. Drives me NUTS!... are people dis/re-assembling their knives drunk? how does this happen, LOL?

And to chew the main pivot... are they cold breaking Red locktite or has someone spot-welded the pivot? If you use an appropriate sized tool it will not chew.

Rant over.

Can't wait to get my bolster kits from SC. Gonna do up a 7B and 7V.

I have the Nath pivot in 3 different knives.

They are definitely an aesthetic upgrade, but they don't perform any better than the stock pivots (why would they change the performance, they do the exact same thing??)

~John

Just hit that pivot screw on a file, and then some 320 grit, and finer until it cleans up. Easy to do. The 7V I got pre-owned came all chewed like that and I cleaned it up perfectly. All the frame screws were chewed so I filed and brushed them too.

It's my biggest peeve when buying a preowned knife: chewed pivot and frame screws. Drives me NUTS!... are people dis/re-assembling their knives drunk? how does this happen, LOL?

And to chew the main pivot... are they cold breaking Red locktite or has someone spot-welded the pivot? If you use an appropriate sized tool it will not chew.

Rant over.

Can't wait to get my bolster kits from SC. Gonna do up a 7B and 7V.
I completely and totally agree.....this is a major pet peeve of mine as well, and especially when purchasing preowned knives......and as he mentioned, if you use the proper tool and take your time, this doesn't happen.....it can completely change the look of your knife.

Back