Native MagnaCut Plain vs Serrated, and how it compares vs. SPY-27 (user’s review)

It’s not a review of a Native, because there are multiple great reviews already there. Rather than a review I wanted to answer the question - when it’s better to go full serrated, how both handle basic tasks, and if blue-handle SPY-27 version could be still a good choice for some users. I tried a lot of cutting scenarios and it took me many weeks of use. So enjoy (hopefully), but no worry, it’s not hours of read ;)

And also I’m really curious what is YOUR experience with MagnaCut Native, especially the serrated one?

20231001-DSCF9208-Edit.jpg

20231015-DSCF9431-Edit.jpg

P

Very nice article and photos.

I don't have the serrated version (yet), just the plain edge. But, given my current preferences, if I could only have five Spydercos, the Native 5 Salt Magnacut would be one of those five.

Thanks for your in depth review. Your input is always much appreciated.

I have considered vibrant colors on a hiking knife, and now the review makes me wonder if a Native would be a better hiking knife than a Manix 2 LW.

T Toomanyquestions -> It mostly depends on what you need… if that extra half inch at just half oz. weight penalty is what you need - Manix 2 SALT is a good choice. If you just want a razor sharp companion for your camp knife - compact Native is the way to go. For me Native is just perfect - compact, lightweigh, and with super reliable lock.

Thank you for the review. The Native 5 is one of, if not my favorite!

Back