Near Death Experiences?

cognitivefun said:
T. Erdelyi, what a horrific story. Thanks for sharing. Unbelievable.

I went through some severe depression around that time, nothing more dangerous than a 15 boy with raging hormones and a major case of depression.

I survived those times and that has allowed me to help a lot of friends later who had gone through tough times.

Life can be cruel. :(

SethMurdoc said:
so far, remicade has been like a godsend. it essentially allows her to lead a normal life. i'll ask her for more info on it when she gets home. i beleive she goes in for treatments once every 6 weeks.

i'll definitely get more info though. my stepfather said that its highly effective, but also dangerous, so i'll definitely see about getting better info on it for you.
Thanks Seth, but I'm somewhat familiar with the Remicade. And unless I happen to go into an extreme flare it won't be prescribed for me anyway.
And I doubt that I could afford the cost either, think it was like $1,200.00 a pop or something like that for Jessica.:(
My little granddaughter was on it for a while on account of the Crohns she has. It didn't do her any good so the took her off of it.
Enbrel is another wonderful RA drug that has helped many of the folks with Stills but it is damnably expensive as well.

I'm just enjoying being in remission at the time and am sending Smoke valiantly that there's not any damage going on with my joints or other parts of my body that I can't feel.
Extreme Stress can bring on a flare of any of the auto-immune diseases and I credit my Barbie mostly for my remission as she took over all of the things that was causing me undue stress.
Hell I even had trouble trying to fill my pill boxes for a week at a time.:rolleyes: :grumpy:

T. Erdelyi said:
I was flying with a friend of the family to a camp in upstate NY in a 6 passenger Twin engine Piper Atec E airplane,

I was 15 at the time and in the Co-Pilots seat :D , we were flying at cruising altitude,(not sure what cruising altitude is on this plane) when all of a sudden the door popped open, the plane went into an immediate dive and just like in the movies everything was getting sucked out the open door, anyway I reached over and with every last ounce of strength I pulled the door closed and locked it.

The plane began to climb again and we once again reached cruising altitude and started to laugh at what just happened, mostly a scared nervous laughter, not 20 minutes later it happened again, this time I grabed the door and when I closed and locked it again I held white knuckled onto that door until we made an emergency landing a half an hour later on a private runway in Utica NY.

I am a private pilot and was curious about this above quote, so I asked a friend who owns and flies an Aztec E. He replied:

"Aztecs are not pressurized and once the door opens, it is impossible to close it without significant maneuvering of the plane. Your friend is pulling your leg. Mike"

Maybe John Powell can shed some additional light on this subject. Or maybe there is some other explanation?

Just curious, any ideas?

Bill Marsh said:
I am a private pilot and was curious about this above quote, so I asked a friend who owns and flies an Aztec E. He replied:

"Aztecs are not pressurized and once the door opens, it is impossible to close it without significant maneuvering of the plane. Your friend is pulling your leg. Mike"

Maybe John Powell can shed some additional light on this subject. Or maybe there is some other explanation?

Just curious, any ideas?

Explain what you mean by impossible as I was there the door opened the plane went into a dive I closed the door, it was possible.

Do a search the plane crashed in Whitehouse Station New Jersey, 6 people died including my dad. the date was 11/25/75, your welcome to email meand I'll send my home phone # if you would care to discuss it further.

I'll give in to the fact that the emotions of a 15 year old who feels like he's about to die may seem bigger than life, but I was there when it happened, and it did.

T. Erdelyi said:
Explain what you mean by impossible as I was there the door opened the plane went into a dive I closed the door, it was possible.

Do a search the plane crashed in Whitehouse Station New Jersey, 6 people died including my dad. the date was 11/25/75, your welcome to email meand I'll send my home phone # if you would care to discuss it further.

I'll give in to the fact that the emotions of a 15 year old who feels like he's about to die may seem bigger than life, but I was there when it happened, and it did.

I do not mean to get into anything here and I feel for your loss.

I was just commenting that the Aztec is not pressurized. The quote is from a current Aztec pilot. If you would like to continue this conversation off this forum, I will be happy to put you in contact with him. Personally I have never flown an Aztec.

Bill Marsh said:
I do not mean to get into anything here and I feel for your loss.

I was just commenting that the Aztec is not pressurized. The quote is from a current Aztec pilot. If you would like to continue this conversation off this forum, I will be happy to put you in contact with him. Personally I have never flown an Aztec.

No offense taken here and if you read my original post I didn't say the cabin was pressurized, when the door opened things(paper, barf bags, maps) were flying all around the cabin and out the door, going under the assumtion that just like blowing across a straw you create a venturi effect(I am no physicist or engineer), or kinda like when you open one window on a moving car and cigarette smoke gets sucked out.

As to why the plane dove I couldn't tell you I wasn't flying and the guy who was, died with my dad, as for me I was too busy sh*tin' my pants to pay too much attention to anything other than holdin' on to the door.

When the plane crashed with my dad the plane went into a steep climb a few minutes after takeoff stalled and went into a dive for what ever reason the pilot who was a 25 year veteran flier couldn't pull out of the dive.

One suggested cause was the pilot having a heart attack, but my dad was a licenced pilot and should have been able to take over.

IIRC the Investigators said it was a fuel delivery problem, I'd have to ask my mom to be sure.

The plane was jinxed from the start, before the crash he had nothing but problems, yet on an earlier verion of the Aztec he had flown it for 5 or 6 years with no problems.

You know I still fly, even after all that :confused: .

I apologize if I came back too strong, I still have issues with what happened even almost 30 years later.

Peace and Love :)
T. Erdelyi

That is exactly what I was thinking the 'discrepancy' was; a door open in a small plane is going to be one screaming loud event, with a major sucking action outside- an air whirl pool, right?

munk

munk said:
That is exactly what I was thinking the 'discrepancy' was; a door open in a small plane is going to be one screaming loud event, with a major sucking action outside- an air whirl pool, right?

munk

Essentially, and loud doesn't come close to describing it, deafening is more like it.

munk said:
BTW- that's one of my favorite Dead refrains.

munk

Two of my favorite Dead sayings:

Who are the Grateful Dead and why are they following me?

There ain't nuthin' like a Grateful Dead concert.

Back