NECKA HI Head Count

Good Ole Time!!! One of the girls got her hands in and was forging a blade. They also want to learn how to make damascus. :thumbup:
BBBB Beaver (Larry) no worst for the wear he slept over last nite. :D

Made it home OK this morning. Had a great time (what I can remember of it :eek: ) yesterday.

Larry T

Good time as always. You guys know how to cook. Made it through the day without torching myself. Larry, it looks like your cutting knife was a hit. Too bad nobody would let you swing it. Nice meeting some of the other members as well.

Bill

What? No injuries or arrests? Did IG show up? Wish I could have been there. Someday I'll be back to New England.

Larry took a fall? it must have been after I left?? :confused: I'm surprised he could get up too fall,,,, :confused:
Larry dang
you almost got my job as VP ;) ,, if only you could have stood up by yourself a little longer :D
I'm thinking you had just a tad more funny than you needed :thumbup:

I had a great time. got to use big Bertha just a little, had some great food

NO Nasty-gansit though :( but that beer from Canada was OK I guess hehe being OP (other peoples) beer haha :thumbup:

thanks to all for the set up and clean up too. that stuff takes time..

BTW ;) IG won't let me bring my wife's new Net stockings home, stockings that were so thoughtfully given to me in front of everyone BY .. dang the name slips my mind right now:rolleyes: sorry.. (;>)), he said he wanted to try out some new clean ones for a change :D

Thanks IG for Hosting!...What a great time...Mike Spangler was at his best..wheeling and dealing... ;) Got to meet alot of new people..especially Higgy..got one of his tapers... :thumbup: The girls were very brave..they both tried IG's heat treat relish and even had some venison chops. Good times were had by all....some maybe a little to much..(LARRY).... :D Even ping pong ball chopping.... :cool:

Yeah it was a great time. Although I've never been to any other hammer-ins, I'd like to think its not like other hammer-ins in that the demos and all that are very casual and its mostly a good time for all of us to get together and feel the cameraderie and more-importantly, the brotherhood. Knifekaing is a great hobbie/craft/profession and the people are great!

I especially enjoyed meeting a few folks I have never met, like Rene, Bill Vining, Joe, and a whole bunch of others! Great times! :thumbup:

Oh and for those of you who wished you were there, be thankful you didnt have to drink any of that tequila and gasoline IG was pouring down everyone's throats! :D :barf: :barf:

One of the better Hammer Ins for sure.

Just a reminder, get your contact info to me, we will be posting and sending out ballots for the elections and changes to the bylaws soon. Get my email addy from my profile or the NECKA website

Polock (Paul D)

jhiggins said:
Yeah it was a great time. Although I've never been to any other hammer-ins, I'd like to think its not like other hammer-ins in that the demos and all that are very casual and its mostly a good time for all of us to get together and feel the cameraderie and more-importantly, the brotherhood. Knifekaing is a great hobbie/craft/profession and the people are great!

I especially enjoyed meeting a few folks I have never met, like Rene, Bill Vining, Joe, and a whole bunch of others! Great times! :thumbup:

Oh and for those of you who wished you were there, be thankful you didnt have to drink any of that tequila and gasoline IG was pouring down everyone's throats! :D :barf: :barf:

oh yeah
and it was nice to meet you too Jeff,,, fiiiinaaaaly :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for having me, it was good times all around. Only injury I know of, was J Neilson gettin' a little too friendly with a hot piece of steel and burning his hand.
Anyways...here are a few pics

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Thanks for the good time.
-Zach

hey hey that looks like my hand forging that cable billet. though i could be wrong. its been known to happen (right george?)

man that was one fun time. what do you all say we have another one saturday?? :D

It was a great time despite the weather :D

Watching J Neilson profile grind a blade that was just barely out of the forge was especially impressive -- I don't plan to copy this one :foot:

Thanks a lot to IG, Mike and others for all the work setting it up, cooking the great food and taking care of Larry :rolleyes:

Oh, and IG's firewater wasn't quite as bad as people say :eek:

Dan Pierson

Well I glad that it turned out well. The weather could have been better.
The problem that I have I can't find my wallet. Saturday I didn't even put into my boot. I always wear boots so wallet has a boot clip on it. Even one of the dogs could of found it. This is going to be fun today.
Pic from HI. The girls :mad:

Dan Gray said:
oh yeah
and it was nice to meet you too Jeff,,, fiiiinaaaaly :rolleyes: :D

Yeah no kidding! We've been BSing here for what... 3 years and never hooked up? LOL! Anyway, it sure was a pleasure to meet you. It was really great to hear someone with a good Maine accent for a change. Ayuh! :D :thumbup:

Yep, it was fun. I just put a small hole in the palm of my hand. The nice thing about those, while forging, is they cauterize imediately and you never have to stop working. I think those were my ratty jeans right after your picture Mike. I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Joe's and the club (Claw) blades finished up (sooner than the bowie I hope).
:p

indian george said:
Well I glad that it turned out well. The weather could have been better.
The problem that I have I can't find my wallet. Saturday I didn't even put into my boot. I always wear boots so wallet has a boot clip on it. Even one of the dogs could of found it. This is going to be fun today.
Pic from HI. The girls :mad:

:eek: dang I think I even understood that :eek: :D

At the HI i found a wallet. When I opened it up to find out whose it was, all there was inside were a whole bunch of pictures of burly men riding horses naked. That must have been yours. I felt it was so dirty that I threw it in the forge. I am sorry if those pictures had sentimental value...did you keep the negatives? :D

TikTock said:
At the HI i found a wallet. When I opened it up to find out whose it was, all there was inside were a whole bunch of pictures of burly men riding horses naked. That must have been yours. I felt it was so dirty that I threw it in the forge. I am sorry if those pictures had sentimental value...did you keep the negatives? :D

hahahahahahahwhooo whooo hahahahaha .. oops sorry :D just thinking out loud :foot: :D :D

IG.. tickie talk catchs on quick .. :D

Back