Necker Sheath

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make the knife fit tighter? mine rattles and wobbles in sheath, and a good shake makes it fall out. I have tried cord wrapping but no luck there. Any ideas, or does anybody know where I can get a replacement?

Last edited:
Mine rattles and scratches the edge slightly, but it takes a dang good deal of shaking to make it fall out... if it's loose enough to where a firm shake loosens it that much, I would consider the sheath defective and you can most likely contact Kabar for a replacement (the replacement will still rattle however as that's just how the sheath is designed). Alternatively, you could get a custom kydex one made up for the necker - they're actually fairly affordable.

If you feel like giving a DIY fix a try, I think I might see a solution. Looking at my sheath, there are two protrusions on either side of the inner part of the sheath... once the "guard" passes over them, the protrusions is what holds the knife in place. I bet you could add a small coat of superglue on top of these bumps and once it dries, the proturstions will be taller and thus, give added retention ;)

I have super glued leather strips down inside the sheath to tighten the fit. On a small Buck PakLite 140 that has worked well. The sheath is a custom leather item and I had the same problem, a wobbly knife.

"Mine rattles and scratches the edge slightly"
I'm pretty sure they all do that. Tho a little irritating ;) it's not that big of a deal.

But the blade should not fall out of the sheath by shaking it. Contact Kabar and they'll ask that you to send it in. Once they get it they will ship you out a non defective sheath.

Or you can buy a custom sheath from the Gear For Sale section for around 30$ which is a decent price for the quality that you'll get.

Ka Bar's customer service is top notch. Just let them know your issue and they'll have a new one right out to you.

I went back to the old Camillus sheath the Ka Bar BK11 knife is a little thicker than the Camillus and fit is real tight its also smaller and I like it better.

Back