Recommendation? Need a belt sheath recommendation

Hey all,

I'm new here so please let me know if my post needs to be formatted a certain way.

At work I carry an Eickhorn SEK 2 to open boxes and packaging, which is done frequently every single day. It's quite a nice fixed blade in my opinion, just right when it comes to balance and weight, and the design is pretty classy what with the ziricote handles. It comes with a leather sheath that clips onto the belt, which is also quite nice, but unfortunately doesn't quite fit my needs. And the sheath is beginning to wear a bit faster than I would want it to. And the buckle on the sheath is starting to dig into the ziricote handle on one side as well.

So I'm looking for suggestions as to an affordable but sturdy sheath that can securely accommodate my SEK in my day-to-day activities. I'd like it to attach to my belt. Usually, I wear the knife vertically at my side as I don't need to and don't see any reason to conceal it. It's quite comfortable this way, but I would be interested in trying the ol' horizontal sheath above the butt.

Thanks in advance.

You're probably going to like the horizontal "scout carry" (above the butt) when you extract the knife and your are going to quickly learn to hate it when you try to insert the knife blind. If the knife is in and out frequently all day, stick with the vertical side carry and remain a happy camper.

Paul

Back