Need a few tips on photos

not2sharp

Platinum Member
I have uploaded a shared a few photos directly on threads. But, how do I collect these into an album and can I link and share the photos on multiple threads?

Thanks

n2s

So if you are uploading photos directly to the thread, the photos will only display in the thread in that specific comment, any other way of linking uploaded photos will just display a link to the attachment stored in that other thread.

If you click the "media" tab at the top on the main menu, there are options to upload media and you can link those to multiple threads if I remember correctly, I don't ever use that function.

The best way to store and link photos to multiple threads is, unfortunately, 3rd-party image hosting websites.

The best way to store and link photos to multiple threads is, unfortunately, 3rd-party image hosting websites.

Actually, you can make the photos from one thread display in another.

In the original thread, click the photo and open it in a new tab or window (or copy the address url of the attachment).

Then, in the new thread, you can post it using the IMG tags before and after the web address.

BRB with an example...

ETA - OK, here goes.

This image is from another post I made today. The address is: https://www.bladeforums.com/attachments/img_5960-jpg.1438409/

If I place that address inside the usual IMG tags like this: [ IMG ] url [ /IMG ] (without spaces in the square brackets), it turns out like this:

img_5960-jpg.1438409

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I can confirm that the media files work. I was able to upload into an album and to link from there. I have had problems linking between threads in the past, but that may have been the server acting up.

n2s

Back