Need a knife recommendation

Hey everyone. I need a knife recommendation and I was hoping you all could help. I'm not new to knives by any means but I'm after something and I seem to be drawing a blank. Here is what I need:

-lefty friendly
-one hand opening blade
-relatively light weight
-at least a blade and bottle opener (other tools ok)
-pocket clip
-nothing too chunky
-under $75

Any ideas? If I can find it it's going to be a gift for my brother. I gave him a Delica 3 years ago and hes been carrying it ever since. I think hes ready for something new through.

What about one of the Kershaw Emersons? The wave can probably serve as a bottle opener.

Cold steel code 4
Or spyderco cliptool if you really need a bottle opener.

Knifecenter is running a sale on Kershaw Fraxion. Nice 2.75" manual flipper with pretty scales.
Rich

What about one of the Kershaw Emersons? The wave can probably serve as a bottle opener.

Yes the wave might work but I think these are too big and heavy. Remember he's used to carrying a Delica.

Cold steel code 4
Or spyderco cliptool if you really need a bottle opener.
Cold steel is way too heavy and no bottle opener. I thought about the Clipitool but I dont think it can easily be opened one handed by a lefty.

Knifecenter is running a sale on Kershaw Fraxion. Nice 2.75" manual flipper with pretty scales.
Rich
Need a bottle opener.

He already has a delica so I thought instead of redundancy he gets something different. The CS is a bit longer and more heavy duty. Its very slim and light at 4.3 oz. Ez to carry, s35vn
Bottle opener....

Last edited:
He already has a delica so I thought instead of redundancy he gets something different. The CS is a bit longer and more heavy duty. Its very slim and light at 4.3 oz. Ez to carry, s35vn
Bottle opener....
Good point. I suppose just about anything can be used for a bottle opener. I suppose I should be a bit more open minded....but I do think the Code 4 is going to be a bit too big.

Back