Need a leather or kydex sheath for a Master Hunter

Even the incredible 3V steel is no match for Cold Steel's garbage GFN securex sheath. My new knife is being dulled despite my best efforts. Even my normal technique -- pushing the edge away from the plastic as the blade is drawn or sheathed -- is doing nothing. It is the worst Cold Steel sheath I have ever encountered. I need something better.

I prefer leather but kydex will do. Surely someone on here has a source.

Thanks in advance!

Even the incredible 3V steel is no match for Cold Steel's garbage GFN securex sheath. My new knife is being dulled despite my best efforts. Even my normal technique -- pushing the edge away from the plastic as the blade is drawn or sheathed -- is doing nothing. It is the worst Cold Steel sheath I have ever encountered. I need something better.

I prefer leather but kydex will do. Surely someone on here has a source.

Thanks in advance!

May want to inquire in the Sheaths & Such subforum, and/or Services Offered under Knifemakers For Sale Area.

You could keep a search saved on the auction Bay for master hunter sheaths. I’ve scored master hunter original kydex (yeah, at one point they sold carbon v master hunters with good kydex) and cordura sheaths that are better than the currently issued secure-ex.

They aren’t common but they do come up every now and then. Some custom kydex options are on there occasionally as well.

You could keep a search saved on the auction Bay for master hunter sheaths. I’ve scored master hunter original kydex (yeah, at one point they sold carbon v master hunters with good kydex) and cordura sheaths that are better than the currently issued secure-ex.

They aren’t common but they do come up every now and then. Some custom kydex options are on there occasionally as well.

Good tip, thanks.

Back