Off Topic Need a Side by Side. Any recommendations?

Going to Polaris dealer this weekend to see what they have. Thanks for all the input folks.
Garth

Let us know what you end up with. I’m looking to get another SxS for hunting and trail riding.

We just went to look at a Polaris General, RZR and Utility combo. Can have fun in it like the RZR but it also has a dump bed and trailer hitch, winch, etc for utility/work. They also have hunting attachments for it (racks, Gun racks/storage)

There's a lot of good SXS's out there in the market. Polaris is probably king of the hill across the board. Can-Am is my pick for hot rod dune buggy style, speed and HP and quite reasonable priced.
Obviously I'm biased when it comes to brand but also because my company allows employees to buy em right. Price was not the reason I chose what I did but experience with the model and the track record we've had with it, which is good. Mine is basically a roided out gardening cart (the sales pitch I used on the CFO-great line guys to keep in mind) but it was more about the snow plow first than what was behind it. IT's perfectly matched with the BossXT 66".

But the biggest challenge for anyone in this market right now is availability. The one I got was a 7 month old order. I just grabbed the next thing coming in that didn't have a bunch of crap I didn't want. It happened to be camo, so not like I "gotta have that" it shortened the wait by 12 weeks or so.

Again, it's all about the plow :) It's not so much about the machine as it is the pallet of crap (bottom right corner in first pic) that you add to em o_O

gator 1.jpggator5.jpg

But for you Garth Reckner Garth Reckner , This would be my suggestion based on your expressed intended use. This was ordered by a guy in December, delivered first week of April. the guy works in one of the largest auto dealership families in Toledo,4th generation,, and a super awesome guy. He got an exceptionally fast one somehow, topped out to 57mph, but this model, I'd put up against anything in the market for hauling/towing and reliable toughness. Not all that JD makes is good stuff but a couple stand out, this and the one I got stand out for me after selling them for many years now. I've had a customer put over 11 thousand miles on one of these, and tough miles on the farm.
But really, there are so many options I'll tell you what I tell everyone. Do your homework, study up on the market and learn what it is you like or don't like for what you want to use it for. The best decision and happiest customers are the ones who do the most homework. You do that and the choice for YOU will be easy.

OH, and if you want to shoot the moon with a JD spring for the 835R HVAC. Heat, AC, finished interior. Start around $26K Had em go out the door well over $35k with load of goodies. Personally I think it's awesome for those who want what they want and can have it. I'd buy a nice used truck myself :p

835m2.jpg

Last edited:
Got a chance to see Leonardo's new John Deere side by side last night and I feel like I need one. The John Deere looked great but I know there are tons of different options out there. What do you guys recommend? Any experience, opinions, or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone,
Garth
my favorite side by side is a Redhead and a Redhead

I went with the Honda Pioneer 1000 5 seater. It’s a bombproof tank that I can’t break. The engine is beltless. It’s half utility half sport but does an awesome job as a sport side by side.

And there is that. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Honda makes myself. I have customers that have bought them and are very happy. I think they are one of the newest to enter the SXS market as well?
the best thing about looking into these types of machines is the wide array of choices so there's something out there for everyone. But as always, stick with one of the big players that you know will be around years down the road. There's a bunch of stuff coming from China, Korea maybe even India. Those I would be hesitant about.

Think back to (for those able to go back this far) During the mid to late 70's and the snowmobile industry. At one time I think there were near 40 some different snowmobile manufacturers. Then through major economic downturns the market was left with the "Big 4" who are still the big dogs to this day. It will be the same for the UTV market.

Last edited:
Why did I think this was gonna be a shotgun thread.....

I’m not seeing any dbl barrel shotguns in here

I need sleeeeeeeep

Anyone know anything about Intimidator brand? Have a buddy that bought one a few years ago and he loves it. However it is the only one I have ever seen and don’t know much about the brand other than what the manufacturer website says.
Garth

Back